Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lincoln Brigade jacket size 44 and my new workspace!

fishmeok

Vendor
I finally finished setting up after our move and finished my first jacket in 2 months- It took a while to get back into practice and get my machine set up properly. Amazing how much I forgot, even after such a short time away from jacket making. I'm pretty happy with the new house, and my new "personal space". I still have several pictures to hang and other details to attend to, but this is the way it will be for the forseeable future :) .

The space: drafting/drawing/cutting table on the left, machine on the right:
IMG_2215.jpg

Awesome cabinets that came with my house:
IMG_2218.jpg

Close up- knits,zippers, etc.
IMG_2220.jpg

And the jacket- I tried a slightly modified pattern with a higher neckline, and added a vintage Talon zipper JC gave me. It worked out well but there were a lot of stops and starts as I brought myself back up to speed. It's a vintage 44, trim and square (and too trim for me!- I need to accept the fact that I need a 46 minimum). As per usual it's for sale.

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Your nicest effort yet, and that's saying something.
Don't tell JC, but your buttonholes are better...

Is that horsehide?

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks guys- no it's cowhide, but I realy liked the color and texture and think it suits the style. I'm particularily happy with the way the top of the zipper worked out, hopefully I can remember just exactly what I did next time.

Charlie, how is your LB jacket holding up? have you worn it in the rain to make it crease up yet?
Cheers
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace