Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Linen

Damn, yesterday, I saw, that classic department-store here in old Germany really got storebrand-linen shirts, longsleeve and shortsleeve and not the low-price crap! I was astonished, because it seems, that I must have overlooked this all the time and I was searching for summer-linen shirt for some time.

Better, I hadn't seen this, but now, it's too late. :D

I'm still a fan of classic Piqué-poloshirts, but let's see, how the linen-shirts feel! :)

Oh wow, department-store finally managed to bring their storebrand linen-shirts really into the offline-store! :rolleyes: I was underways, yesterday and on my way back home, I stopped by and got one.

32794416on.jpg

32794417ll.jpg

32794418yi.jpg

32794419ys.jpg

And it's true. It feels very good. It's so breathy, you don't really feel it on your skin. :)

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Linen is great! I have both sport coats and trousers in linen. Wears lovely when it's warm.

Definitely need to get some shirts in linen. I threw my last one out last summer. Over several summers the navy had faded to a grayish blue [emoji53]

The brown shirt looks Nice Trench. The light blue with khaki is a timeless look. Works every time!

Never worn seersucker. Maybe I should try that too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's true that linen is hard to keep ironed, especially in a tropical environment where the humidity is horrible and, at this time of year, it rains every day. Even a freshly laundered and ironed cotton shirt will be a mess or wrinkles in the time it takes me to get from my front door to my car. To counteract this, I've invested in a number of silk and silk/linen blend vests that I keep open until I get to work (I teach). With a pair of light denim or cotton trousers I think it looks fine. I've also learned a bit from my Caribbean friends and forego socks and ties for the more brutal months.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Just wonderful! I wear my new shirt the third day, now. Can't get enough of it. Maybe, I will get more of them in different colours, the next time. :D

But it doesn't change the fact, that I basically prefer the cut of classic poloshirts. So, the polos will stay, of course.

Last edited:

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
It looks like I'm the only one but I'm really not so fond of linen. I really can't make me to like the rumpled look that inevitably carries.

I have had some linen shirts and the response has always been negative (I passed all to my brother). I'm really not into the "effortless attire".

I was consequent and bought two further of the above storebrand linen-shirts from Karstadt, today. One olive and one brightblue. Awesome. :D
But, I avoid to get more of them, because german summer is just too short. Although, I additonal got my first Chino, today. A red storebrand one. ;)

HanauMan

Practically Family
I was consequent and bought two further of the above storebrand linen-shirts from Karstadt, today. One olive and one brightblue. Awesome. :D
But, I avoid to get more of them, because german summer is just too short. Although, I additonal got my first Chino, today. A red storebrand one. ;)

Linen and chinos are a great look and, more importantly, comfortable. Enjoy your new attire.

Funny about your statement about short German summers. I lived in Germany as a teen and our summer school vacation seemed to last forever. The summers were hot and humid and with a few thunderstorms thrown in from time to time.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Linen is great! I have both sport coats and trousers in linen. Wears lovely when it's warm.

Definitely need to get some shirts in linen. I threw my last one out last summer. Over several summers the navy had faded to a grayish blue [emoji53]

The brown shirt looks Nice Trench. The light blue with khaki is a timeless look. Works every time!

Never worn seersucker. Maybe I should try that too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
If you're ordering online be careful not to order them in slim styles. The reason I say this is because I ordered a few without realizing it, and so many of the offerings these days are in the slim styles. I'm in fairly good shape, but I've found that the slim shirts pretty much defeat the purpose of the linen, which is to keep you cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112