Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Literary magazine looking for short stories and serials to be published upcoming...

Dear fellow Fedora Lounge writers,

(I hope I am not not out of line or breaking any forum rules. I tried contacting an administrator, but I have yet to read back.

I am a fan of this forum and era, and I do intend to contribute to the community of members, please do not consider this trolling.

The following is one of my more formal advertisements.)

I am the co-founder of a literary magazine currently searching for stories and serials to be published in our upcoming issues; this is an actual, printed magazine - - - not an online "e-zine"!

We are in the stage of collecting the stories for this issue and possibly issues abroad. We are looking for short stories and full novels in all genres as-is and to be serialized, this including but not limited to: Adventure, Air-Craft/Dogfight, Detective, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, and War.

In addition to the specific genres that we are looking for, I like to put it this way:
If you were to time-travel back into the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s or 1950s (more or less the former two), how would your work fit in among what was being published in pulp fiction magazines of the time?

We are looking for those type stories.

There are currently not many requirements for the stories submitted, however, I stress the following: I will not tolerate any blasphemy, cursing or vulgarity! We reserve the right to edit your material accordingly if it includes any of the terms aforementioned.

This magazine will pay for the publishing rights to whatever story you submit to us and we accept to feature; you as the writer will remain in control of the copyrights.

LORD Willing, I will review and consider all stories submitted and be reasonably quick and speedy to respond.

Please do not send your entire story in your first e-mail. Especially for full novels and stories longer than 15,000 words, this also applies to all stories including short stories and novelettes, please first send a synopsis instead of your full story in your first e-mail.

Included in your first e-mail, please send your name or your pen name, the genre of your material and exactly how long your story is in either words or in pages with an average of 250 5-letter words per page; plus whether it would be described as a short story (<7,500 words), novelette (7,5000 - 17,499 words), a novella (17,500 -29,999 words) or as a full novel (30,000+> words).

I encourage all writers to submit your best material! Neither your fame nor your notoriety matters in this case. I hope to review all stories submitted!

As of right now, we will buy the publishing rights to your story for at least $25-$50+ U.S.A. dollars depending on length and quality.

I want to get good writers off of the interwebs and onto paper!

Please e-mail us at: uniquetalesofintrigue@gmail.com

May KING JESUS CHRIST, THE MIGHTY LORD GOD and SAVIOR Bless you, yours, and these United States Of America!

Sincerely,

Daniel Benjamin Orris

(5:17 AM-EST, Thursday, February 17th, 2011 in the year of JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!)

Last edited:

Dear Harp,

right now our priorities are getting stories for the upcoming spring issue in a short number of months.

I suggest, if you want to give writing a try, you go to this website and read some pulp fiction stories: http://pulpgen.com/pulp/downloads/list_by_mag.php?page=1 -
then, try writing off of the inspiration those give you.

May CHRIST JESUS THE ALMIGHTY LORD GOD and SAVIOR Bless you and yours!

Sincerely,

Daniel Benjamin Orris

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Understood, Daniel-just in a Wildean mood with a touch of Belloc,
and an ever slight tinge of Francis Thompson's celestial vision capturing
both mind and mood. ;)All the best with your magazine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany