Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lock and Company - UK

mingoslim

Practically Family
Just back from 21 days in the UK . . . wonderful trip . . .
But I am wondering what anyone has to say about Lock and Company and their hats . . .

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
New or vintage?

The company has been around for quite a while.
There's some talk of vintage in a thread about Brooks Brothers hats that dumbjaw started.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I have owned two; a red velour which had a wonderful sweatband and beautiful proportions. I took a lot of ribbing when I wore that hat. But, I loved it (except for the color).

P1050477.jpg

P1040291.jpg

And a navy blue. This hat was about the thickness of "cowboy" felt and had too much stiffener (I never could get it soft enough.) The sweatband was "hard" textured leather. The felt had shrunk from size 58 (on the label) to about 56. This, of course, buckled the sweatband and added to the discomfort. I stretched and reblocked it twice, but never was completely satisfied. Don't get me wrong, it was a "nice" hat, but not nearly as nice as my Stetson Temples or my Akubra Federation. (Given the prices Locks sell for, I would expect better.)

P1050472.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points