Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look at this beaut..

D00R

One of the Regulars
GOOD LORD..

(Edit: I have to remove the live auction link, but am including a picture of the item- scotrace)

f15f_1.JPG

f5d3_1.JPG

fatwoul

Practically Family
In the item description, it says:

"...leather rim inside hat is stamped with a cowboy on a galloping horse..."

I think it should have read:

"...hat was stamped on by a cowboy on a galloping horse..."

I actually have a lot of affection for objects like this. When I was taking art at school, we were asked to find a battered neglected object and draw it. I spent ages looking for objects like this, but our house was just too tidy.

The following week we were told to crumple a piece of paper and draw that. This hat would have been good for that sketch too.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It's what they call a "fixer-upper!" lol

It would be a good hat to practice on, but I wouldn't pay a minimum of $13 (starting bid + shipping) for it. I've got enough that need my attention as it is.

Cheers,
Tom

D00R

One of the Regulars
hahaa

actually seeing that hat like that i felt bad for the hat :(

Ande1964

Practically Family
Wow

That is... rough.

I marvel at what people are willing to spend their time listing on the bay. For me, if I don't think I can get twenty bucks, it ain't worth the hassle.

Anj

LEUII

One of the Regulars
mmmmm. . .

Speechless

Ashes to ashes
Felt to dust

And so the hat returns to. . .

My theology studies leave me without any eschatological understanding for this hat.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I guess as long as the felt doesn't have any tears or drastic holes in it, it may have a possibility of becoming a Lazarus hat. My whippet was in pretty shabby shape (not to this extent) but was able to be reblocked. There is some hope in it. Then it might be a good Open Road style.

Cheers!

Dan

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Needs a naptha bath, a reblock, and if it's too stained, turn it inside out.

There doesn't appear to be any holes or rips. Body could be saved at the very least, and the sweatband looks as if it's still stitched on tightly, without being dried out.

I'd try it, but I lack the equipment and space to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch