Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look for a suit: Ebay Store

Herr Doktor

New in Town
Nice prices. My concern...and it possibly shows my lack of knowledge in this era...is that all the ones I looked at were 100% polyester. Had they been 100% wool, I would have been all over them.

MK, Matt...thoughts on the polyester issue?

Thanks.

Best,

Chris

Bogie1943

Practically Family
No No, none of these are vintage, I wish this was a vintage suit store, I am still on the look out for one of those on ebay. They do offer plenty of wool suits all the time, ya just have to look around a bit. This was just for those folks who are addicted to suits and might find something they like, my motto, ya never know what you may find.:cool2:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gentlemen, If I had to guess, I'd guess these are from Selig Bros in San Francisco. they have been in business since the TOC and still have all of their old patterns, including the Zoots from 1939-42. A few years ago they started making the "retros" from their old patterns, but using yuck cloth..ie: polyester. Notice that they are all large sizes, the ones you can't find often in real vintage.
They are fine for the non discriminating or for guys who just can't ( for size reasons) find true vintage. At any rate, Selig will make suits to old patterns in your choice of fabric as special order. I have never used them but thats what I have been told and have seen some of their Zoots in person.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Good day gentlemen, I just happened to be lucky and I mean VERY lucky when it comes to finding vintage suits. Isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t that right Art? Art can testify to this. If I had a real hard time finding vintage, I would more then likely have something made. But, I never was too hip on the Zoot Suit. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m 6?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢3?¢‚Ǩ? and very white! Not one that would have been able to get away with wearing one. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s so funny and yet frustrating when I look on ebay to find vintage men?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s suits, I have to search under ?¢‚Ǩ?ìZoot Suit?¢‚Ǩ? or ?¢‚Ǩ?ìGangster Suit?¢‚Ǩ? to find one or two regular men?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s suits. I have seen a 1980?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s C&R three piece black pinstripe single breasted 100% polyester business suit listed under Zoot Suit!!! I just about fell out of my chair because I was laughing so hard! That thing was the furthest thing from a Zoot Suit.

Any way, keep your eyes open and like Bogie1943 said, you never know what you will find! Oh so true!

Well, take care all,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot