Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a hat...NEED HELP

addic

New in Town
Colby Jack said:
Welcome Addic...What size hat do you wear? The Canadian firm sounds a little "iffy"...good for browsing, but maybe not for buying. Have you looked at Bencrafthats.com (wonderful Borsolino selection), or Hatsdirect.com (check all the real Akubra's)...or DavidMorgan.com...or Art Fawcett's site. Browsing Art's site is like a museum tour of fine hats....

Thanks for all the nice links! I will check these sites out later today! :eusa_clap

My size is around 59. Im not absolutely sure as I only have one hat so far. Its a Mayser (a traditional german hatter) and this hat is a 58, but it is a little bit too tight. So, I think a 59 would be better...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
addic said:
What would be a reasonable price for the rabbit fur felt hat in your opinion?

I thought that this hatter could be the perfect solution for a beginner like I am. At least as long as I am looking for vintage Stetson WHippet on eBay...

In U.S. Dollars, $190 isn't bad, but it's more than I would pay, normally. As a rule, I try to not to pay more $150 for rabbit felt.

Justdog

Practically Family
Puss and Boots

Yes in the discussion about rabbit fur as my Akubra hat developed a wicked case of brim taper from dying felt (an important threads speaks on that issue). Also agree on the price as my vintage hats are far superior to anything I see today and also fit. I sent an email to that Canadian hatter which was returned undeliverable :( Not sure why but the Johnny thread reminds me of:
Shrek2-PussinBootsresized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo