Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for anyone who owns one of the nine other jackets like this

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Wear-...rentrq:5d48ad031620ab6ab7b4981bfffe683a|iid:1
while I would never argue with anyone as to which jacket is better, my vote would be on the GW, but take a look at the leather on this one. Mine has more grain, but man its similar.
I was looking through my Flight Jacket identification manual by Gary Eastman, and even there some appear to have looked similar to this. I have seen on the corner of the storm flap the undercoat which is the base leather. Looks like if and when this patinas and wears it will look quite similar to some of those vintage A2s. But I am not rushing that and fine with how it looks as is.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, Jeremiah. That's a great looking jacket, and it was a good call on your part to go for it. I don't know if you'd be interested, but Brettafett has an interesting process for de-glazing jackets on the AVI LTHR Bronco A-2 thread just now. He explains his process for using "surgical spirits" (alcohol) on page 2 of the thread. His results have been pretty successful. Just thought I'd mention it.

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
Thanks. I will definitely check that out. For now I don’t mind the sheen so much. Just enjoying it as is.

I actually did that method to an Indiana Jones jacket I have. Not my newest one but an old one I had been given. Worked good but in some areas i noticed it messed with the dye and now in certain outdoor lighting those areas appear bronze which I don’t like. I would hate to mess up this jacket. Ha.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Not worth going into it and ruining this thread.
We all know about andy, lets maybe keep that part of BK to the other thread that is already going on.

Yes, I think that's for the best. Andy Falzon has a well-earned reputation for trying to talk his own brand up by attempting to denigrate others. This has indeed been well covered elsewhere, so let's just keep this thread to this specific jacket.

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
622827A0-80F0-4C71-B319-34363D59EEA4.jpeg Made a zipper pull with some veg tanned leather and some coconut oil to darken.

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
BTW, the more I look at sheepskin hide and this jacket, I think its sheepskin and not horsehide. What do you guys think?

Fonzie

One Too Many
Now that you mention it, it does look like sheepskin texture in the last pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner