looking for boots advice

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Brunell80, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Brunell80

Brunell80 New in Town

Hi all
    I'm looking for a new boot for the autumn / winter season, black color

I'm currently watching:

John lofgren combats boot
    John lofgren monkey boot
    oak street lakeshore boot

other options?

I have a wide foot, as a comparison I wear an 8US EE in Red Wing iron ranger

2. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Try nicks handmade boots, once you order you can request a try on boot that will help get you the most ideal fit

3. Brunell80

Brunell80 New in Town

unfortunately I don't know where to find them in Europe

4. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

5. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I am a huge fan of Danner. Own about 8 pairs of their Portland OR made boots. I have a wide foot and their EE width fits me like custom made.

6. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  7. Despot

Despot New in Town

I would also recommend the Crockett & Jones Conniston boots (linked in the post above).
    Also …fun fact … if you want to save some money look for the same boot as a Peal & Co boot - I found mine on eBay, unworn, for around 200 euro shipped (retail price here in Ireland is around 500 euro for the C&J branded version). C&J make/made these boots for Peal and Co - it’s an identical boot to the Conniston (I have both … the only difference is that the model number and size are handwritten on the lining of the Peal and Co, but printed on the C&Js)

Harris HTM likes this.
  8. Despot

Despot New in Town

Also … I too have a fairly wide foot. I’m at least an E in most US brands. I’m between a 11 and 10.5UK in terms of size (between 11-11.5 US brannock).
    I’ve worn Whites, Vibergs, Lofgrens, Trickers and C&J.

Of course the fit is dependent on lasts - but in general I’m comfortable in a Viberg size 10.5 (2030/1035 last), 11US in Whites (MP boots), 11 in Lofgren engineers (though I needed to stretch the shaft to get my foot into them - length wise they were perfect - width too), 10.5-11 in Trickers (width is fine - they’re wide - length can be tricky) and 11 in C&J.