Looking for Italian and Japanese Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Gabri, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

Hi there. I am looking for leather jackets from Italy and Japan.
    I would be happy if someone knows good manufacturers from the countries where you can also order the jackets online.
    For Japan it doesn't have to be online because I'm going there soon.

P.S. I don't know about leather jackets. I only know the "standard things" like Belstaff, Blauer etc.
    I wear an Arma leather jacket myself, I have no idea if the quality is good, I liked it. I know that the manufacturer is from Holland.

Best Regards
    Gabri

2. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Italian leather jackets don't get talked about a lot here, but in Greece there's Thedi, which gets talked about a lot.

As far as Japan, Fine Creek, Freewheelers, Iron Heart, The Flat Head are all well regarded makers around here.

King B, Gabri and Harris HTM like this.
  3. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

Why not, I thought Italian leather jackets are the Julius Caesar among jackets :D

King B likes this.
  4. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Freewheelers, or Rainbow Country, or Tenjin, or Y2, or Addict, or Jelado....
    we could go on for awhile.

King B and Gabri like this.
  6. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

I know you said Italian and Japanese but many of us rate US made jackets highly. If you’re going to Japan you may find vintage US made jackets in the vintage stores. Why not do an internet search for them in the area you’re visiting before you go?

7. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

Hi Guys. I don't really know if these jackets fit into my budget :eek:

I searched google but hard to find. I even tried Japanese fonts to really find everything.

レザージャケット
    (Rezājaketto)

I will travel from Tokyo to Okinawa.

8. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Have a look at Aero, very good quality and cheaper than the Japanese makers. Not sure where but I think they have outlets in Japan as well.

9. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

Do you know the Manufacturer Stewart from Italy ?

10. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I don't, sorry.

11. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

12. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Sorry they look like modern one season don't wear in the rain jackets to me, not my sort of thing

13. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

You're starting from the wrong angle, better take a step back and start again, we can definitely help if you tell us:

- You budget
    - The style you are looking for (just put links or pics of the style of jackets you like)
    - Your general size

14. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan A-List Customer

In the past (I'm talking about 15-20 years) Stewart Pelle made high quality and very authentic leather jackets. The buffalo leather used at that time was fantastic and unique. Unfortunately, the company went the wrong way for my terms. If I am properly informed, the owner at that time sold the company and bought it back a few years ago and then started the fashion route. The company has a unique museum (not open to the public) with thousands of artifacts. I was lucky enough to go on a private tour there a few years ago and was impressed.

Dav likes this.
  15. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

It probably made sense from a business perspective at the time... just not good for us.

Thanks for the info :)

16. 58panheadfan

Exactly, you see that correctly ... indeed nothing for us (anymore). My pleasure...

red devil likes this.
  17. Gabri

Gabri New in Town

My Chest is about 115CM
    Budget about 500€

Thats my Jacket, and I like this style ( Sorry for the low quality picture, did not found some good)

Stand-up collar with buckle
    Bomber Style.
    The jacket waistband has leather on the back

Attached Files:

18. 58panheadfan

Found some pictures (source www) from an earlier type I was talking about... some nice details, also I like(d) that Label ;)

stewart_1.jpg

stewart_2.jpg

stewart_3.jpg

bn1966, Guppy, Kuro and 2 others like this.
  19. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

Simmonsbilt from Scotland (ex Aero) offer high quality leather jackets in your price range on their Sale/Outlet page - I've handled several Simmons Bilt jackets in the past and was always happy with the quality and support by Simmonsbilt (not worse compared to Aero in my opinion)
    http://www.simmonsbilt.com/sale.html

King B, Jejupe, Gabri and 1 other person like this.
  20. 58panheadfan

Are you looking for a new or used one...

With this tight budget, it will be difficult to get a new, high quality leather jacket on the market. Almost impossible with Japanese leather jackets. A good source is certainly the www with various forums etc. or as already mentioned the "used" and "special offer" section by Aero Leather.

Gabri likes this.