Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for tan fedora - see details

Jerekson

One Too Many
After yet ANOTHER eBay pass on my dream hat, it's time to just throw my request out here if see if anyone can help me with it.

For years I've been looking for a suitable hat body to turn into my dream hat.

If you've got a tan - off-white - light brown - beige - sand - whatever (see pics) fedora with generous proportions (that you'd like to sell), post a picture and maybe I'll make you an offer.

Thanks mates...this may be a bit of a stretch, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Jer

Jerekson

One Too Many
Yeah, some clarification...
I wrote that post in haste, sorry.

Anywhere from a size 7 to 7 1/4.
Brim at least 2 1/2 in., crown at least 5 in. open.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Jerekson said:
After yet ANOTHER eBay pass on my dream hat, it's time to just throw my request out here if see if anyone can help me with it.

For years I've been looking for a suitable hat body to turn into my dream hat.

If you've got a tan - off-white - light brown fedora with generous proportions (that you'd like to sell), post a picture and maybe I'll make you an offer.

Thanks mates...this may be a bit of a stretch, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Jer

There is one in the Classifieds now.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure if you're looking for something new or old, mid or high quality, but I have a vintage tan 7 1/8 Borsalino with a 1 inch ribbon and a brim a tad under 2.5. It's an amazing hat (and a good candidate for a dream hat) but I won't let it go cheap.

Can you tell us about your price range? and if you want a new, or a unique and special vintage hat?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I have a hat which might fit your requirement, and I'm willing to sell it quite cheaply. It's modern but better than any modern hat I've seen so far. Handmade by Wegener Headwear from Germany. Probably fur felt.

Colour: dark tan/light brown
Band: mid-brown in a box ribbon shape, made from the same felt as the hat (though a darker colour)
Bash: Centre dent and front pinches, with little water you will be able to reshape it
Brim: I think it is an overwelt, done in a safari shape (down at front and back) though I'm sure you could turn it into a snap brim
Interior: fully lined with plastic at the top, thin brown leather sweat band
Dimensions: brim 2 1/2", crown about 5 1/2" when the creases are popped out, band 1 1/2"
Size: was 58cm (7 1/4) now probably more like 57cm (7 1/8)
Crushable: though not sold as such, the shop assisstant showed me it is and I've crushed it many a time and seen it pop back to its shape
Felt quality: probably fur felt, has been soaked many times and still looks the same

I'll post pictures later. As the hat is no longer quite the original size, I can no longer wear it which is a shame as it was one of my favourites. Therefore I want to sell it to buy a new hat, but I will only sell it to somebody who really appreciates it as it is one of my favourites. Therefore it goes to a lounger or it isn't sold at all (no ebay for sure).

I will sell this for £60.

Alan

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I have taken pictures but cannot find out how to show them here. If you would like to see them please email me: alan-e@fsmail.net

On my previous post I quoted the price in pounds. I am prepared to ship anywhere in the world, but as I live in England I put the price in my currency.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Avedwards, I'll email you for a look at the hat.

Thanks for the feedback, gents.

I'm not necessarily looking for vintage felt, but high quality. Vintage would be ideal...

The ribbon doesn't matter as I'll add my own, but here are pictures of the two closest hats I've found.

5a11_1.jpg
[/IMG]
tan_fedora.jpg
[/IMG]

Jerekson

One Too Many
Okay, beige works.
I've never been good at defining color names when they all look so similar to my eyes.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jerkson,
You need to take a hard look at Hornets Hats Adventurer in beige, almost a dead ringer for the photo you have posted. I will post a photo of mine in the next 24 to show you what I am talking about.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I did some research on the Christy's Adventurer and I was pleasantly surprised.
The felt quality is probably a litrtle under what I was shooting for, but it is right in my price range, and the COW guys seriously swear by it (and they're pretty particular).

Let's see some pictures Rick! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
I think I have the perfect hat for you. It's a size 7 made by Courtney....not a huge name, but a real nice hat. Here's a small photo from the eBay auction. I can send more if you're interested.

It is size 7, but fits almost like a 7-1/8. I bought it to wear with my Camel-hair blazer, but it doesn't really match the color. So, I decided to just wear a mid-brown hat with that jacket. I don't really see a need for that color hat anymore, so it's yours if you want it.

Courtney Tan 7-2.jpg

Brim = 2.5 in
Band = 3/4 in
Color - Tan
Lining - excellent

I can let it go for $45 plus shipping. Nice hat.

Let me know if you need more photos.

Randy

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jerekson said:
I did some research on the Christy's Adventurer and I was pleasantly surprised.
The felt quality is probably a litrtle under what I was shooting for, but it is right in my price range, and the COW guys seriously swear by it (and they're pretty particular).

Let's see some pictures Rick! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

... sorry f/ my delay my friend, I had to work this weekend, but I have not forgotten...

Jerekson

One Too Many
HatDoc, you've gotten my attention on that one.

Can you post for me a side profile and front profile, in open crown?
And also, can I have the crown height (open crown as well)?

Looks great so far...thanks for the reply!

Jerekson

One Too Many
Rick Blaine said:
... sorry f/ my delay my friend, I had to work this weekend, but I have not forgotten...

Thanks mate.
I think the Christy's will make a good backup plan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ