Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for vinatge mid -dark grey hat

metropd

One Too Many
Hi, I was looking for a cool or neutral (NO WARM) mid to dark grey fedora in 2 3/4 brim a 1 1/2 to to 2 inch band in a teardrop in 7 1/8. I checked with optimo and their all out of greys other than charcoal. The reason I say not brown or red greys is I have 2 warm grey hats and no suits or clothes to wear them with. thank you.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
hey- welcome to the lounge!

wish I could help you. I've got some 7-1/8 hats, (i'm a 7-1/4) but nothing exactly like what you are looking for.

Fortino37

Familiar Face
Looking for

Are you looking for something like this?

Dobbs_15_z.jpg

This is a Dobbs 15

Fortino37

metropd

One Too Many
Yes, very much so. Whats the brim width 2 3/4? Is the felt pliable enough to put into a teardrop? If so, could I create a bogart front and center pinch, that would be a definate seller. I have a couple vintage fedoras I could possibly see if I could give them to you for free, just need to consult with my parents. How much do you want?

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I have an older Dobbs that you might be interested in...it is a snug 7¼. The color may not be right though.

GreyDobbs2.jpg

If you want more details, let me know. Good luck in your search!

Fortino37

Familiar Face
Vintage Dobbs Fedora

Hi, metropd, you can contact me via messenger I am fortinob@hotmail.com, about the hat it is pliable and very soft to the touch, the crown has the teardrop shape, the brim is 2 3/4 or 2 7/8, I bought this hat few years a go in a antique shop in San Diego, it cost me $95.00 and only used a couple of times.

Regards

Fortino B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112