Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Jacket - Tampa Int'l Airport

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello friends,

Taking a shot in the dark, needle in a haystack chance if anyone finds a brown FQHH Aero Sheene that I managed to set down and not pick up in the Tampa, FL airport. Really cannot believe I could have done that. Happened somewhere between the outside drop-off for Departures and the check in for a Delta flight. Around 5:00 PM Eastern time yesterday.

Simple story of "how" was good by's to family members outside their car, jacket and carry-on back in backseat of said car, walked around to retrieve bag and thought (initially) that I must have pushed the jacket off onto the seat to get the bag out first. It was 80F outside at the time. I must have grabbed it as family has certainly indicated they could not find it in the car at all. Walked in after goodbye's and proceeded straight to Delta self-check in's. Did not recall carrying it in there, but didn't realize it until boarding passes were printed and I was up the escalator headed toward the tram to ride out to the "E" gates and security check-in. Suddenly I realized I was missing my jacket entirely!

I sprinted back onto the down escalators, got back to the Delta check in area. Nothing. Ran back outside to where I had been dropped off. Nothing. No sign of it anywhere at all. So I left a message on family member's phone and headed to the gates, supposing (incorrectly) that it was in the car.

This morning got the call - no jacket. Sinking feelings inside. Called both lost & found and non-emergency Police number at the airport. Nothing found like this so far, name and contact left with airport security and lost and found.

Most likely - it's long gone. I've dealt with it, it was my own irresponsibility. However if anyone see's it - please let me know. I bought this through this forum from TNJ Young about a year back. Here's a few photos that may help. The plaid tartan lining is rather unique. Thank you in advance! :)

IMG_4770.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4765.JPG
    IMG_4765.JPG
    869.7 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_4774.JPG
    IMG_4774.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 419

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
That really sucks !! Hope it turns up somehow. Don't beat yourself up too much........shit happens !! I say that but I'ed be sick!!

Well... Yeah, it definitely sucks and I'm really sorry it happened but at this point, I would just hope that the incredibly lucky finder actually wears and enjoys this beautiful jacket.

Aero,

That sucks. Hopefully someone with integrity picked it up and will turn it in.

B.

Lol turn it in where? For 99.99999% of people, it's just a nice leather jacket. Extremely slim chance they'll look up the brand name online. They probably won't ever even realize they're wearing a $1K worth of leather on their back.

Awe shit Randy that sucks!!!! I'd be keeping an eye on eBay and Etsy. People aren't as dumb as they look.
I'd keep in regular touch with the airport too. You never know. If somebody just absconded with your jacket...they have a shit storm of bad kharma barreling down upon them as we speak.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that sucks, my uncle once left his jacket on check-in lounge seat, and he called my aunt who was already half way home to drive back and collect the jacket in lost and found.
Best of luck, who knows it might find its way back somehow.

swellshades

New in Town
Awe shit Randy that sucks!!!! I'd be keeping an eye on eBay and Etsy. People aren't as dumb as they look.
I'd keep in regular touch with the airport too. You never know. If somebody just absconded with your jacket...they have a shit storm of bad kharma barreling down upon them as we speak.
Yes, I too would think exactly so; keep an eye on Ebay and Etsy... Devastating... So sorry-

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hello friends,

Taking a shot in the dark, needle in a haystack chance if anyone finds a brown FQHH Aero Sheene that I managed to set down and not pick up in the Tampa, FL airport. Really cannot believe I could have done that. Happened somewhere between the outside drop-off for Departures and the check in for a Delta flight. Around 5:00 PM Eastern time yesterday.

Simple story of "how" was good by's to family members outside their car, jacket and carry-on back in backseat of said car, walked around to retrieve bag and thought (initially) that I must have pushed the jacket off onto the seat to get the bag out first. It was 80F outside at the time. I must have grabbed it as family has certainly indicated they could not find it in the car at all. Walked in after goodbye's and proceeded straight to Delta self-check in's. Did not recall carrying it in there, but didn't realize it until boarding passes were printed and I was up the escalator headed toward the tram to ride out to the "E" gates and security check-in. Suddenly I realized I was missing my jacket entirely!

I sprinted back onto the down escalators, got back to the Delta check in area. Nothing. Ran back outside to where I had been dropped off. Nothing. No sign of it anywhere at all. So I left a message on family member's phone and headed to the gates, supposing (incorrectly) that it was in the car.

This morning got the call - no jacket. Sinking feelings inside. Called both lost & found and non-emergency Police number at the airport. Nothing found like this so far, name and contact left with airport security and lost and found.

Most likely - it's long gone. I've dealt with it, it was my own irresponsibility. However if anyone see's it - please let me know. I bought this through this forum from TNJ Young about a year back. Here's a few photos that may help. The plaid tartan lining is rather unique. Thank you in advance! :)

View attachment 109766 View attachment 109769
Greetings AeroFan:
Oh man that makes me sick. If i lived in Tampa i’d hunt it for you. That grief is right up there with losing a dog. Heartbreaking. I know some eerie weird times stuff comes back that gets lost. Hope your’s is one of those stories.
Found a Zippo once in the Marine Corps, had a ship engraving on it, mentioned it in a conversation, this guy tells me he had same, a gift from a Squid and where he lost his. Yep, exactly where i found mine. Happy ending!!
Hang in there. Bowen

Mich486

One Too Many
Don’t you normally need proof of purchase for insurance claims? He said he bought it used on the lounge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I once forgot a bag with my laptop also in Heathrow and against all odds, it was at the Lost & Found the next day. Hope you find it!

As for people realising it's a quality jacket, it can really go both ways I guess. Many people have no idea what constitutes a good leather jacket.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even lay people feel CXL and know it's something special. Just the weight alone is shocking and the first clue that it's something of high value.

The weight is definitely recognised... but from my experience it is not always considered high quality because of that. A lot of people think that thin and soft are sign of quality...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana