Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J.A. Dubow Stand Collar A-2: Size 42

Juanito

One of the Regulars
An extremely nice Lost Worlds, J.A. Dubow, A-2 jacket, stand collar design, size 42. This jacket has the extra bonus of having a spring loaded Crown zipper puller, although the zipper itself matches the Talon zipper on my other Lost Worlds Dubow A-2s. This jacket is the fourth Lost Worlds Dubow I have owned, but the only one with the stand collar, and it lives up to everything a Lost Worlds Dubow jacket is: Extremely heavy horsehide, wonderful graining, extreme focus on workmanship and materials. Yes, there are more accurate A-2s out there with cotton taped zippers and thinner leather with even thinner finishes, but the Lost Worlds jacket in unquestioningly the most durable and is reasonably accurate with its nipple snaps and collar clip design. I am sure you can find the way to the website.

In any case, the jacket fits like a true 42 and of all the size 42 A-2 brands I have it is the largest, although my two older Lost World Jackets seem a little larger (then again, I have worn one of them almost everyday since 1993 and it has been through hell and back). This jacket has seen minimal wear--lining and knits are excellent as is the rest of the jacket. I purchased it simply because I didn't have one with the stand collar. The stand collar looks extremely sharp, but the front of the collar does sit higher than a jacket without the stand collar.

Here are the measurements:
Chest: Pit to pit--22 1/2" across the front and 23" across the back
Back: Base of collarstand ring to top of knit--22 3/4"
Sleeve: Shoulder seam to top of knit--23 1/2"
Shoulders (seam to seam across back): 18"
Windflap in front: 23 1/2"

$400 shipped USPS Priority Mail in the US. International buyer to pay exact shipping via USPS Global Priority. I take PayPal

I realize I am somewhat new around here, but you can view my eBay feedback under AHRMA17L, on eBay since 1998 with 100% positive feedback, with nearly 2,400 comments.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Hmm.. I'm a 41" chest and a 31" waist at 155lbs, 5'8". I usually wear a 38 or 40. Jacket might be too big. The sleeves are also damned short! Does this measurement include the knit?

bkarma

New in Town
PM Sent.

Comparing this to the Aero in your other listing. Which jacket in your opinion do you like better. Thanks

Last edited:

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Hmm.. I'm a 41" chest and a 31" waist at 155lbs, 5'8". I usually wear a 38 or 40. Jacket might be too big. The sleeves are also damned short! Does this measurement include the knit?

I would think that would be perfect as that was the exact same size (except for a 32" waist) I was when I bought my other LW Dubow A-2. The sleeves should be fine--the measurement does not include the knit. It was one of the things I likes about the fit of the Lost Worlds A-2s; the sleeves were a bit longer than others, so the sleeeves are not too short when bending the arm (while driving for example) or reaching for something.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
PM Sent.

Comparing this to the Aero in your other listing. Which jacket in your opinion do you like better. Thanks

It is like comparing apples and oranges; they are both fruit and sweet, but entirely different. I will try to explain...

I come from a car restoration background. In that arena, there is something called an over-restored vehicle, one where the restoration surpasses the quality, fit and finish of the original in nearly all aspects. The Lost Worlds Dubow A-2 is like that. It is a stunning jacket with a quality and finish that far surpasses any reproduction or original. That said, it is over the top. The leather is much heavier, the stiching too perfect, the finish too durable, etc. I have had my other one for 22 years and I can't imagine any jacket of any type holding up as well.

The Aero has a more period feel to it, and I like the color better (redder). The leather is nice, but I am certain the finish will wear faster. I do like the olive stitching. Th Aero is a tighter fit, particularly in the arm holes, but that may be a function of it simply being too small for me and consequently, the way it sits on me.

As for one other item, the stand collar does sit up higher and while sitting it hits me in the chin, but then again, the LW Dubow jacket has barely been worn and it will take a couple of years to break it in. I have gottent the collar on my other Dubow to lay flatter, but it isn't a stand collar.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I would think that would be perfect as that was the exact same size (except for a 32" waist) I was when I bought my other LW Dubow A-2. The sleeves should be fine--the measurement does not include the knit. It was one of the things I likes about the fit of the Lost Worlds A-2s; the sleeves were a bit longer than others, so the sleeeves are not too short when bending the arm (while driving for example) or reaching for something.

How long are the sleeves when including the knit? I like my jackets with a 25.5"-26" sleeve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko