Lost Worlds J23 - Size 44 nearly new

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by AeroFan_07, Mar 10, 2018.

1. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Ok a little shock here, I'm letting go on this J23 in 4 OZ FQHH with a quilted lining. I ordered this jacket through Stuart back in October, received it in December. It has been worn only 15-20 times, but has been featured in several posts on this forum. Plenty of break-in left for you, the lucky next owner! No smoke or pets near this jacket. Comes with snap-on fur collar. Has plenty of pockets, zippers and the lovely D-pocket on the front. I did not order a belt with this jacket.

Sizing: Tag size of 44,
    Shoulders: 19.5"
    Pit to Pit: 23"
    Back length: 24.5"
    Waist: 22.5"
    Sleeve Straight: 25.25"
    Sleeve around: 27"
    Asking $1200 Boxed, Shipped, tracked and insured in USA. Price is firm.
    International Shipping will be extra
    Pay Pal only

IMG_5892.JPG IMG_5896.JPG IMG_5883.JPG IMG_5889.JPG IMG_5875.JPG IMG_5879.JPG IMG_5887.JPG IMG_5895.JPG

jonesy86, MET, Lebowski and 3 others like this.
  2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Why? it looks perfect on you..

3. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Oh, no.....

4. AeroFan_07

I know, it's not always about fit. Life calls, sometimes we have to answer in harder ways, sacrifices, etc.

5. Lebowski

Lebowski One Too Many

Exceptional jacket, really tempts to buy))

6. Monitor

Monitor

Even the fur collar...

Why don't they just shoot me.

dannyk likes this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor

I'm seriously actually considering doing two quick sales to cover for this... Schott and LL would do it. But then again, that's two jackets I won't ever see again. Argh! XD

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  8. Juanito

Juanito One of the Regulars

Wow...was is modified at all from stock size/dimensions--i.e. custom sizing?

9. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

I know how difficult it can be to sell an amazing jacket. Do the right thing, in the end it will all balance out. Best of luck, love this jacket.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  10. AeroFan_07

Thanks for the question here. This is a Stock "Size 44" LW J23. When I called and spoke with Stuart to order it, he inidcated it was an upcharge for longer sleeves than the ones listed. So I asked him to make them as "long as standard could be". I also looked into other linings, and a belt, but each addition or change would have netted another $200-250 on an already expensive jacket. So all that to say it's stock. A belt could be ordered from LW anytime.

Let me know if any other questions...

photo2u likes this.
  11. AeroFan_07

Go for it Monitor! I still have your address, and would be happy to send it across to you! :)

12. kyannz

kyannz New in Town

Good day

Can you please confirm the length of the back? 24.5'' seems to be a little bit short for 44''. Thanks

13. AeroFan_07

Hello, that measurement is from the base of the collar (seam at the back of the jacket itself) to the base of the jacket. I'll re-check it this evening and update from there. I'll also zip the front all the way up and see if I can get a halfway decent torso measurement, it's not easy to obtain that on these cross-zips!

14. kyannz

kyannz New in Town

It would be great if you could add some photos with the measurements please. It is not a cheap jacket.I guess the buyer of the jacket would like to be 100% sure that it is "his"jacket

15. AeroFan_07

yep, I agree and those will be up later this evening.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  16. AeroFan_07

Here's detailed measurement photos, the 24.5" back is correct, and was able to get a good Torso length, 21". Not fun for me looking to sell this one, especially after handling it again. I could not touch it after I took the photos to put it up for sale.

Back length: (Last two show of each where I started and ended Tape measure)

IMG_5915.JPG IMG_5916.JPG IMG_5917.JPG

Sleeve Around the sleeve:

IMG_5912.JPG IMG_5913.JPG IMG_5914.JPG

Sleeve Straight down:

IMG_5909.JPG IMG_5910.JPG IMG_5911.JPG

17. AeroFan_07

Second post with more photos of dimensions. Again, first photo is primary measurement, second two photos are start and end of tape measure:

Pit to Pit:
    IMG_5901.JPG IMG_5902.JPG IMG_5904.JPG

Shoulders:

IMG_5905.JPG IMG_5906.JPG IMG_5908.JPG

Torso Length:

IMG_5898.JPG IMG_5899.JPG IMG_5900.JPG

Let me know if any other questions. Heck I may just decide I can't get rid of this Horses' saddle!

ton312 and JMax like this.
  18. Monitor

Monitor

Please decide that.

I've never felt I needed another jacket more than now. . . And it would fit me to a tee. Just look at this thing, man! You won't ever score a better jacket, sans buying another one!

19. AeroFan_07

Hey Monitor, sorry for the very late response. It's for sale, my mind is made up. :)
    To the top, I need to get this one sold! Thanks!

20. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

I find it interesting that Stuart sells this jacket as a J 23. Based on an old Buco catalog that was post on the Vintage Leather Jacket Forum about 15 years back and also based on Rin Tanaka’s research; the J 23 had one rear map pocket, now commonly referred to as pavilion pockets. Only the J 24 had the two rear pockets listed as map pockets in their early catalogs. I guess lost words is a little loose on interpreting vintage reproductions. Nice jacket through. I have an original J 24 in mint condition with the red plaid lining I paid $1,200 for in 2005 size 46. I was the high bidder and hit the reserve, the next highest bid was $800. And I was happy

Lebowski likes this.