Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Jean / Trucker Jacket Horsehide + Shearling

dan_t

Practically Family
OK, this one has just arrived & I figured there might be some here who'd be interested in seeing this.
Not sure actually why LW doesn't get more of a mention around here, perhaps it's the pricepoint which does make them a little more 'exclusive' I guess.

This is a Lost World's Horsehide Jeans Jacket, with Shearling lining, sized 44.
According to Lost World's themselves, the current replacement cost on this one is USD$1,500.

First impressions are; WOW :)
This jacket has arrived to me in a practically unworn condition. It's a stunning piece of craftsmanship. The materials used are spectacular & the finishing is just superb. Although it is LW heavy horsehide, it is an incredibly comfortable jacket to wear.
The lining is toasty to say the least & the arms are also lined in an insulated, diamond stitched nylon material which makes putting it on & getting it off a breeze.

The sizing for this '44' is (approximately);
P2P; 23.5" - 24" (stretched)
Sleeve; 25.5"
Back; 25.5"
Shoulder; 20.5"
Waist; 22"

I bought this one on a bit of a hope and prayer that it'd fit, but right now I'm left thinking it may be half to one size too large. Being in Sydney, I also doubt that I'll really get much use out of a jacket lined like this one.

Any way, here are some pics..... be sure to click on the last file, it shows some of the great grain. Not sure why it won’t load like the others....

LW Jean Jacket.jpg

LW Jean Jacket-2.jpg

LW Jean Jacket-3.jpg

LW Jean Jacket-4.jpg

LW Jean Jacket-5.jpg

Attachments

• LW Jean Jacket-6.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Last pic shows it best.
I like a firm fitting jacket by default. This one is just a fraction too broad across the shoulders & certainly has room to layer underneath. By all means though it is a very close call.
Issue is that I rarely, if ever, wear anything other than a t-shirt or light cotton shirt underneath any jacket.
It really doesn't get that cold in Sydney for these beauties.......

Simply impressive. This would've been a grail and a dream jacket for me, regardless of the way it fit - which I believe is perfect on you.
With a full on sheepskin lining, this jacket can't be anything but bulky but still, it somehow doesn't appear so on you. Don't think it would've fit any trimmer if it was only blanket lined. Which is all also impressive. I mean, just compare it with Aero's Thunderbay which looks like you're wearing a house.

Honestly, I don't think it's too large, not even a tiny little bit. A size down and you'd struggle with it. The sleeves are perfect, length is good... Yep, can't imagine you could've gotten a jacket that was any better even if it was custom tailored for you. No doubt that with the same lining, Stu would recommend it in the same size.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I concur with what HD said above. Better a jacket like that be a bit too big than a bit too small that would result not only in discomfort while wearing it but also would make you look like the Michelin Man! Looks great as is.

dan_t

Practically Family
Ok, so I’ve been wearing this jacket at home this evening for the very first time. I have to say, it’s FREAKING AWESOME.
I mean, I’m just making dinner & watching tv, but it has already softened & moulded to my body shape.
I also own a bog-standard Levi’s denim jacket in size L. I’ve laid it over the top of this new one. The only meaningful difference is that this Lost Worlds one is about an inch wider in the shoulders. In pretty much all other critical dimensions, it’s more or less the same (which is a good thing).
I think I’m quickly convincing myself that this is going to be my new favourite.....

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
That's Great! It sounds like Stuart made some compensation for the sheepskin in the sizing. I thought he might have when I read the measurements. I think you have found a toasty friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ