Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Re-Line Question

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Doing a reline / new zip job on this Lost Worlds I picked up from our classifieds (GMCD) and wanted some input from the lounge. Im only re-lining the body as the sleeves are perfect heavy duty satin. Fabric will be a moss green Harris Tweed I sourced. Jacket is on its way to Johnson Leathers. Two questions I need to direct them on:

1. Inside drop pocket. Can re-use the same setup but will the Tweed fabric be strong enough to support the pocket weight without sagging over time

2. Lost Worlds lining is an odd "4 piece" lining pattern. Made of 4 sections seemed together. Keep the same style or go with normal one piece lining?

image1-36.jpeg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
2. Lost Worlds lining is an odd "4 piece" lining pattern. Made of 4 sections seemed together. Keep the same style or go with normal one piece lining?

I'd have them do it in the same pattern, there's a reason Stuart does things the way he does them.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
True. Probably the safest way to avoid error. Just copy the existing pattern and the lining will have the exact same fit. Takes the guess work / pattern work out of it. Have the tweed option in three Aero's and I really find the wool versatile across a wide temp range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points