LOST WORLDS Russet Brown Horsehide Leather - questions, images, and experience

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Cornelius, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I'm literally in my pyjamas with the vest on... I'm not sure TFL is ready for these pics!
    I will take pics this week when we have a day of sun, promise.

2. Logician

Logician One of the Regulars

Not much. Perhaps an average of 6-12 times a year. I take good care of my leather jackets and coats. My 2 new (5 year old) HH Test (Bk and Br) I never wore; my 3 HH Suburban (Bk, Br and Green) I almost never wear. And I also have a new Courier Pea coat in Bk Goat which I only wore once or twice. What can I say? Perhaps I have too many jackets. I end up always wearing the same clothes. I have a BK HH peacoat and a dark brown HH car coat (Rebelstoke) which I wear a lot. The rest of the time I wear my military coats and jackets. You could say that I am more of a collector than a wearer. I don't know if that makes sense. My wife and friends say I'm crazy and urge me to wear my stuff. Oh, did I forget to mention that another LW HH jacket is on the way!

red devil, Cornelius and Torstein like this.
  3. Logician

Please spare us!:)

4. Torstein

Torstein Familiar Face

That makes sense. The older LW HH does seem to break in slower than the newer...but you'd think it was broken in after 15 years, if worn a decent amount.

You're crazy in the normal world and completely normal on this forum :)

red devil and Logician like this.
  5. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

The older jackets break in nicely in the sleeves and back panel. Those front panels though.

6. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Which one? :D

7. Logician

A 4.0 + oz BK HH custom Leathertogs A with all the bells and whistles. But if you tell my wife, I will deny it tooth and nail.;)

Jin431, red devil and JMax like this.
  8. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Oh yes! It really is an amazing design, trim fitting, very good range of motion, understated yet highly refined. Glad to hear you went for it! :D

Jin431 and Logician like this.
  9. mihai

mihai A-List Customer

This is how colors look under daylight. The goathide (A2) is a bit lighter(redish) brown shade than the 2 hh jackets on the right.
    For color reference see the white paper.

Attached Files:

Cornelius and JMax like this.
  10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

All are beautiful, but that J23 is out of this world. I’ve been pondering my next LW build and this made me pause a bit.

11. mihai

mihai A-List Customer

Thanks! Yes J23 is iconic, it has something that sets it apart. I have also the Trojan jacket (that screams vintage and American) but I like the J23 more. Maybe it's smth subjective.

JMax likes this.
  12. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

I also have both, and prefer the Trojan. Both are among my favorites, will not be selling jackets.

mihai likes this.