Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mac Lachlan Air-Vac Fedora Hat Beaver FIFTEEN Sz 7 White

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
Hello,
New to the thread and hope I am doing this correctly. I was lucky to win an estate auction of 13 hats from Mac Lachlan Air-Vac, Stetson, Resistol, Knox, Dobbs, Glen Royal, etc. to some rather neat hats that might not make the cut (on of them didn't listen to Mom and Dad and had a party of moths. A couple of what I call Sam Snead. Of course, I am beginning with the Mac and thrilled. Wish it was larger. It is a Size 7 in White. It is not perfection, but pretty close to it. No moth holes, but a tiny flea dent. Perfect lining. I'll bet it wasn't worn more than once.
So, after reading and re-reading your pages (perhaps the single most bit of information on the Net, I have questions:
Year of Manufacture
Any historical information about the company. I read they closed abruptly. Years in operation?
Information about previous purchases that I can use to figure out pricing. I really do not want to use Ebay and/or an auction. Probably Etsy.
So, whatever you can share, please do. Btw, I noticed that there was a question on the threads about the lining. I believe it is some type of silk, but just like that I forgot the name. Hopefully it will come to me.
Many thanks,
Pat
Mac Lachlan Air-Vac inverted.jpg Mac Lachlan Air-Vac2 inverted.jpg Mac Lachlan Air-Vac3 inverted.jpg Mac Lachlan Air-Vac inverted.jpg
Mac Lachlan Air-Vac7 smaller.jpg
Mac Lachlan Air-Vac8 smaller.jpg

Hello,
New to the thread and hope I am doing this correctly. I was lucky to win an estate auction of 13 hats from Mac Lachlan Air-Vac, Stetson, Resistol, Knox, Dobbs, Glen Royal, etc. to some rather neat hats that might not make the cut (on of them didn't listen to Mom and Dad and had a party of moths. A couple of what I call Sam Snead. Of course, I am beginning with the Mac and thrilled. Wish it was larger. It is a Size 7 in White. It is not perfection, but pretty close to it. No moth holes, but a tiny flea dent. Perfect lining. I'll bet it wasn't worn more than once.
So, after reading and re-reading your pages (perhaps the single most bit of information on the Net, I have questions:
Year of Manufacture
Any historical information about the company. I read they closed abruptly. Years in operation?
Information about previous purchases that I can use to figure out pricing. I really do not want to use Ebay and/or an auction. Probably Etsy.
So, whatever you can share, please do. Btw, I noticed that there was a question on the threads about the lining. I believe it is some type of silk, but just like that I forgot the name. Hopefully it will come to me.
Many thanks,
Pat
View attachment 187580 View attachment 187581 View attachment 187582 View attachment 187580 View attachment 187583 View attachment 187584
Spectacular, but it does belong in the MacLachlan thread. Maybe the bartenders can merge this one with the right thread?

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
Wow. How nice, and great welcome.... and a trophy. My first trophy ever lol
Many thanks to you all.
Shall I still move this to the other thread? I'd be happy to do so.
Pat

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
^^^^just go to the Mac thread referenced above and post whatever you want. Lots of pics, closeups of the felt, different creases and angles. Macs aren’t all that common so you will be scratching our itch.
Don’t worry about what to do with this one.
B
Ps: i forgot. Welcome to the lounge. Keep coming back.

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
Welcome, Pat. Checkout this thread:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/maclachlan-hats.24831/

A fine specimen and I'll be among those size 7 noggins interested in purchasing it from you. Should you decide to sell please see our classifieds section.

Garrett,
Sorry for sounding like a newbie, which I am, but I went to that link above and when I hit NEW POSTS I was lost. I was reading the Mac thread, but can't figure out how to get it directly in there. Can you help? Thanks.

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
^^^^just go to the Mac thread referenced above and post whatever you want. Lots of pics, closeups of the felt, different creases and angles. Macs aren’t all that common so you will be scratching our itch.
Don’t worry about what to do with this one.
B
Ps: i forgot. Welcome to the lounge. Keep coming back.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Pat:
To answer your Q.
Just go to whatever thread, scroll down to the bottom of the last post and in the blank field that says “Write your reply”, type, upload, whatever, then hit post reply. I think you already figured out how to reply to someone’s post.
After a post, in the left lower corner of the field, the 3 horizontal line icon is for functions to edit, delete, etc.
B

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pat, Bowen is absolutely correct. I'm sure the bartenders will merge the content if your post doesn't work on the Mac thread.

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
Pat:
To answer your Q.
Just go to whatever thread, scroll down to the bottom of the last post and in the blank field that says “Write your reply”, type, upload, whatever, then hit post reply. I think you already figured out how to reply to someone’s post.
After a post, in the left lower corner of the field, the 3 horizontal line icon is for functions to edit, delete, etc.
B
Thank you. Worked like a charm. Good instruction.

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
Pat, Bowen is absolutely correct. I'm sure the bartenders will merge the content if your post doesn't work on the Mac thread.
I like that you call Admin bartenders. The deed is done as per instructions.
The "bartenders" can delete this post if they wish.
Thanks again for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner