Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maine trip

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
The family and I took a trip to Maine last week. We started in Delaware and drove to Mount Desert Island. We camped in a KOA kabin lodge. Not really roughing it, not a hotel room either. Arcadia National Park was a great spot. The coastline was very rocky. Loved it. One excursion took us to Little Cranberry Island population..70. Just the trip I needed to unwind...
cranberyislandpier.jpg
[/IMG]
mainkabinlodgeview2.jpg
[/IMG]
mainrockcoast2.jpg
[/IMG]
mainalleyrock.jpg
[/IMG]

cco23i

A-List Customer
I love Maine! Even being there in FEBRUARY of 2003 for the military I had a BLAST! Did you drink any blueberry beer? Man I love that stuff!

Scott

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Only been to Maine once, for a few hours. What a beautiful area. My mom spent a couple summers there as a kid in the 30's. She used to climb to the top of a huge pine tree overlooking Mt Desert Island and look out to sea.
I also just finished a passage in my "Secret Diaries of Harld L. Ickes" book, where he describes visiting there in 1937. He went on a nice little horse drawn buggy ride with John D Rockefeller Jr. (when you're secretary of the interior you get to hang out with such people). It was John D. Jr who created the park. Quite a gift to the nation.
Fabulous pics. Thanks for posting.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Scott, I saw the blueberry beer and made a mental note to try it but you know how that goes....I did manage many slices of blueberry pie not the same.
Dherman1, John D Jr did good to say the least. The carriage rides are still available minus JR jr. I must assume those were the best summers for your mother. Climbing trees and eating blueberries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR