Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Malcolm Wagner Militaria UK

Giftmacher

One Too Many
I don't know if there is some trader blacklist thread on this forum already, but beware this one, he has so called "40s 50s clothing company" and behaves most suspiciously. Just imagine: On 15 July I paid via PayPal ordered goods. On 3 August I notice that mentioned goods still appears as reserved, instead of sold, so I decides to ask him. He answered quickly, apologized (my order went into a spam bin reportedly) and assured me, that he will deal with the order next day. On 10. August when nothing arrived I wrote him again, asked him for the reference number to check if he already sent it. He replied today and reference numbers shows that package(s) has been sent yesterday. So that's it, certainly I'm not gonna do a business with him anymore and I suggest you the same.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
There are a lot of fakes (bad fakes at that) and post war items on that site and the "price on request" on fairly common items is questionable. That alone is enough to make me stay away! Sorry you got burned. I hope what you ordered still shows up for you though.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
I received a mail from him again. Would you believe that?
" I'm writing you this mail with tears in my eyes, I and my older cousin and his son came down here to Spain Madrid for a quick short vacation, unfortunately we got mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed, all cash, wallet, credit card and cell phone were taken from us, but luckily for us we still have our passport kept in our hotel room where our luggage are. We've made a quick report to the police and also been so the embassy but they seems not to help with the matter and our flight will be leaving in few hours from now but we're having problems settling our hotel bills.

I'm really sorry if we are inconveniencing you at all, but we have only very few people to run to right now and i will be indeed very grateful if we can get little help of you loaning us of €2,250 Euros, this will enable us sort our hotel bills and get our sorry self back home. I will really appreciate whatever you can afford in assisting us with via western union. I promise to refund whatever you could help us with as soon as we return back home. I'm so really confused and can't even think straight right now, Kindly get back to me as soon as you can please, to let me to know if you can be of any assistance to us please, little or no assistance would be appreciated. God bless you as i hope to hear from you as soon as possible."
I would say it's almost a police case, who knows how many people he fooled.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
It sounds like his email has been hacked. It looks like a message that was translated from another language. I doubt that is from him. The message was too close to one that was sent from my email a few years back.

A business that gets hacked by someone using a scam targeting friends and family doesn't sound too reliable.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
It is a fairly common scam. When my email was hacked it was run through a forwarding server in England that sent everything to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana