Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Males, do you part/manage your hair everyday?

G

Gabriel

Hey guys,

Just interested in knowing how many gents here use pomade/gel in the morning to part their hair. Personally, I parted mine so many times with pomade everyday last year, my hair naturally keeps its shape after I set it with a comb in the morning, eliminating the need for me to use hair products. Does anyone else do the same? I ask this because I was thinking about transitioning for a side-part haircut over to JFK's hairstyle, which is pretty much the same features with such slight changes. Nevertheless, for my fellow males who manage their hair everyday, could you please fill me in on your process every day; and if you could also perhaps recommend any good patterns to follow?

Side note: I occasionally do have to visit the bathroom everyday to do a mirror check to ensure stray hairs are in place, which is a bit frustrating. Does this come from not using pomade, or do people get the same issues with/without using products in their hair anyway? I'd like to avoid having to pomade my hair everyday again as it was rather expensive and I could remember how 'bulky' my hair used to look each day.

Thank ya!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My Husband would use a blow dryer and style his hair, but now his hair is longer than mine, it is all about pulling it back and use of a tie for a pony tail. But you can try use of a small amount (real small half a pea sized drop) style gel when hair is wet, back brush hair in opposite direction, then while still slightly damp use your comb and shape it how you like it.

Alex Neves

New in Town
Yes, I do use a pomade everyday.

This is something that I remember my grandfather doing, 30 years ago. Unfortunately I didn’t have a chance to spend much time together, he died when I was 12. I also remember the contrast of the army tattoos (he was a veteran), with the suits and hats.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
No way. I'm with Trenchy - life is too short for hair fussing. 20 years ago I bought a clipper and cropped my hair to 19mm. These days it is about 12mm or .5 of an inch. It's so liberating. I always hated mucking about with grooming and have always gone for a utilitarian look.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I wash my wig every morning, rub in a dab of gel then brush it out when dry. I may skip washing it for a day if it isn't in a mess after my nocturnal activities. I have quite a structured 80's hairstyle which needs a little pampering....unfortunately I don't suit short hair. I wouldn't be seen dead with a parting though. (morticians take note):rolleyes:
I always carry a little mirror on my person to check my thatch from time to time ............OK I'm vain, so sue me.:p

Edward

Bartender
I did when I had hair!

My father had a great head of hair up to the end at 87, parting on the left and using Bryclreem or brilliantine most days.

Again, as did I, until about age 25!

Think Yul Brynner as my look now...

Ha, yeah.... My dad did'nt develop a noticeable bald spot til he'd turned sixty.... I started thinning in my mid twenties. It's incredibly common among UK academics, for whatever reason.... combine that with Generation X losing our hair on average a decade earlier than our parents'....

I've been shaving my head cmpletely every other day for a decade now. Wouln't go back to having hair if I had the choice; if I get lazy and shave a day or two later, it doesn't feel clean any more.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I use pomade, clay, or some sort of styling product every day. I don't feel like I look right without styling my hair in some way.

I have very similar hair to my mom's family who have a great history of keeping their hair for a long time.

However, if I do start to thin, then I'm shaving it and going to hats.
GzU4ebX.jpg

That's just "short with parting" or german-british officers haircut. :cool:

Again truly famous, here in Germany, probably because of the band "Hurts". ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana