Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallory Homburg

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
A little more than a month ago my father returned from visiting the relations in Schuylkill county with, among other things, a fur felt homburg hat that had belonged to my late uncle Bruce. My peculiar interests have always found their way quickly through the family, so it occurred to my aunt Mary Anne that I might want to have it.

She was very kindly and correct in her impulse, but to my chagrin, the hat is far too small for my size 7 1/2 head. The hat was manufactured by Mallory and custom fit by P. C. Thomas of Allentown, a hatter long since gone from that city, so no size is listed, but from my measurements, I'm reasonably sure that it is a 6 7/8 (I may give it as a gift to a friend who wears that size). It was presented to me still in its box and while in need of some light cleaning and worn where the sweatband meets the brim, it was seldom worn and is in otherwise excellent condition.

I do know the age of the hat or any other details, but I will present some pictures here in the hope that the esteemed members here might be able to assess its age and illuminate any other details that might appear to them.

The brim is 2" wide, the crown is 4 3/4" high.

Exterior Views
From the top down.
PICT0023.JPG

From the back.
PICT0024.JPG

From the left side.
PICT0040.JPG

Interior Views
From the bottom
PICT0026.JPG

The sweatband from the left, showing the company's text.
PICT0027.JPG

The sweatband from the right, showing the hatter's text
PICT0028.JPG

The sweatband from the right, showing an enigmatic text
PICT0029.JPG

The Box
The logo on the top of the box.
PICT0038.JPG

You'll have to pardon my meager photographic skills. I hope that the images prove of some interest.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
It fell into my lap because it wouldn't fit on my head

bolthead said:
Are you loking to sell this hat my friend?

My first hope is to give it to a friend who looks very smart in a homburg as a gift, but that is of course conditioned upon its fitting him, but may consider selling if it does not. As it was given to me by an aunt, I would not want to act on either impulse without her blessing, it seems to me that it would be crass to do otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112