Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallory The Dallas 7 1/8

Perhaps. A quick eBay search shows similar quality/age Mallorys going for $150-$160 at the most, and usually considerably below that.

However, that hat is every bit as good as any vintage Open Road, Stratoliner, or Playboy. If it had a Stetson label on it, you'd probably be able to get north of $200 for it.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Thanks,Fruno.I haven't sold many hats.I did see a "The Dallas" sell on Ebay June 5 for $233.50 plus $20 shipping,it was a larger hat a 7 3/8.Guess I had High hopes for my little 7 1/8.I don't think I could let it go for less than $150 plus shipping.Any less than that I'll probably keep it.So $162 shipped CONUS

Thanks,Fruno.I haven't sold many hats.I did see a "The Dallas" sell on Ebay June 5 for $233.50 plus $20 shipping,it was a larger hat a 7 3/8.Guess I had High hopes for my little 7 1/8.I don't think I could let it go for less than $150 plus shipping.Any less than that I'll probably keep it.So $162 shipped CONUS

Well, if you put it up on the Bay, you might get more for it. Larger pool of potential buyers.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I can tell you if that was a 7 1/2 I'd pay more than you are asking for it. Not sure about lower pricing just due to size, but I guess it does come into play to some degree. You fellows that will have a small size hat seem to find nice hats more than those that wear larger sized ones. I am constantly searching for clean nice 7 1/2 hats and they are few and far between.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Believe it or not never sold anything on Ebay.Buy alot,but really don't let go of many things(ask my wife).I've just decided to let go of some of my hats that aren't my size.Maybe if this doesn't sell here,I'll have to put it up on Ebay.Or just keep it..

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey Hi Dogman. Which color is the more accurate? In your first and third pic the hat almost looks like an Akubra "Moonstone" blue/grey and in the 2nd pic it looks a bit like that tannish Akubra "Silverbelly". Maybe making that distinction will help sell this open crown beauty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk