Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Vintage Show

Uberneot

New in Town
Did any of the NYC crowd catch the Manhattan Vintage clothing show this past weekend? I wanted to go but aside from being mostly women's clothing, most things were out of my price range. Anyone grab any good finds?

Here's a repost of my comment on the MVS from last week. Hope it helps.

As for the Manhattan Vintage show, it's rough for men. About 95% of the dealers only have women's. Plus there's the $15 entrance fee ($20 without the invite) and you would think that with that fee you'd be in for some bargains, but certainly, that is not the case. Overcoats were about $100-$150 in good condition. I found a suit or two that didn't fit for about the same. There's a tie guy with a lot of ties but he's a bit pricey: $25 -$35 for ties I know he's getting on ebay for $5. The one score I made was a 60s Pierre Cardin bolero jacket that I haggled down to $75 from $110. I told her I was the only guy who was going to come around and fit in it. If the entrance fee were $5 for men -considering they have so little there for us- I'd go again, but not for the $15.

Kind regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo