Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC Jacket Opinions Wanted....

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Martinis at 8 said:
Didn't know that. Someone tried that with Norton a few years back. I don't think it worked out.

Triumph is still alive, but vastly different. No telling where the bikes are actually made now, and they went metric. They have made some retros like the Scrambler and Bonneville but some of it is silly, like having a fake carburetor while the bike is actually fuel injection.

The Harley resurrection is incredible. Glad to see it, but the bikes are just too massive for me. The 883L Sportster looks like a good fit, but everytime I go to a Harley Dealer he tells me it's a girl's bike. Then I ask him if he ever watched or heard of Then Came Bronson. Huh? :(

Sorry for the threadjack :eek:

Nothing wrong with a Sporty imo, I had one that I heavily modified for the dragstrip, was an awesome bike. I ride an FLH now, dont let the size fool you, they feel much lighter than they look unless you drop it of course. Check out a Softail Deluxe the seat hight is a rediculous 24.5 inches and it feels light as a feather. I would have gotten that one but I like the touring bikes for the long haul. Harley's today are such high quality it is amazing, you could ride one cross country right out of the showroom. I've never had a problem in ten years including the Sporty that I used to run wide open.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Wow, sure took a turn...

This post sure took a wild turn. [huh]

Oh well, thanks for the comments, still not sure who the maker is though.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Estevan said:
This post sure took a wild turn. [huh]

Oh well, thanks for the comments, still not sure who the maker is though.

Sorry for the threadjack. You can see there are a lot of us here that love to ride.

Take care of the jacket and scoot safe! :)

M8

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Martinis at 8 said:
Sorry for the threadjack. You can see there are a lot of us here that love to ride.

Take care of the jacket and scoot safe! :)

M8

NP M8, I will look quite silly wearing it while riding my 125cc scooter round town though.

493.jpg

Estevan

One of the Regulars
MudInYerEye said:
It is a Hercules jacket.

Thanks for the answer. I know you most likely know MC jackets better than anyone. So, I'll consider it a Hercules.

Steve

himelator

Vendor
the jacket

100% gaurenteed not harley davidson or Indian. Both companies were very specific about their jacket models. Sears, Montgomery Ward, J.C. Penny and numerous other makers all copied or made one star jackets of this type. The red nylon liner, spot work and cord bit on the liner makes it in that range. The three pocket motif was typical of Sears line of youth jackets, however it would most likely have to be size 34 to 38 to qualify. Fidelity also made a jacket with this profile. The big problem was a lot of the large chain manufacturers shopped out their lines to smaller companies, so Buco might make a sears jacket, or AMC etc.. I own about 180 jackets in this style range and have sold maybe 900 or so, and that is typical of the larger chain stores. Check out my blog "the art of vintage leather jackets"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925