Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men (or women) What is your favorite perfume for women?

rue

I'm looking for a new perfume after getting tired of my old one and although I've gone back to wearing Coco again after a 10 year hiatus, I'm not sure I love it as much as I did either.

So, I'm curious.... what are your favorite perfumes for women (other women if you are a woman)?

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Shalimar, Samsara, Infini, Halston, Fleurisimo, Femme..... there are certain fragrances that I can't get enough of on a woman. Of course, if the woman is sexy/attractive, her scent will be, too. What I don't like, though, are any big, overblown scents like those from Estee Lauder--not for anyone who really knows/cares about perfume--generally, in my experience, worn by big, overblown women. By the way, real perfume/extrait is the way to go. There are scents that I don't even like (L'Air du Temps springs to mind) that smell amazing--on the right girl, when worn in perfume strength. Coco smells great, in my opinion--a sister to Tabu, Opium, etc., and a definite improvement on Youth Dew.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
For Spring/Summer Iris Nobile and Magnolia Nobile both by Acqua Di Parma. For Autumn/Winter Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone and Midnight Poison by Christian Dior....

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Joy - but I gather they've been constrained to change the 80-odd-year old formula, so I can only speak for that pre-change bottle I'm rationing like mad, and how it smells on me?

I also love Pacifica's Mediterranean Fig, the scent I wear when I need to make sure others are not importuned by my perfume. Earthy, subtle, and barely there.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I wear Chanel No 5, Dior Addict and Samsara. I like the way these smell on other women but not on me; No 19, Coco Mademoiselle, Opium and Shalimar.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Stella, by Stella McCartney. It reminds me of sultry nights with warm winds, and even though it has two scents I absolutely despise in fragrances, rose and amber, they work with whatever else it's mixed with and I love it.

Scent is so personal and what smells alluring on one woman usually sends me into warp speed to the nearest sink and bar of soap after about 10-minutes (seriously, after sampling some of them, I think it's more than coincidence that "stink" and "sink" are separated by only 1 letter). :D

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I've taken to Rose Nuit de Mais (I think it's spelled that way) by Occitaine. It's a floral, which I usually don't like, but a very deep antique rose scent, which is lovely and mysterious without being overpowering for daytime wear.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
They don't make mine anymore...it was made by Debbie Gibson "Electric Youth." Anybody remember that? I bought a few bottle on Ebay about three or four years ago and I notice lately I was starting to run low so I checked out Ebay again...seems like people think that stuff has gold flecks in it all of a sudden! :eek:

Something a little more modern, I also wear Estee Lauder's "Pleasures."

Isis

One of the Regulars
My big favourite right now is Caron's Tabac Blond and Bandit from Robert Piguet

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
At the risk of getting lynched but for the sake of those of us who suffer ill effects from man-made scents, may I recommend the use of natural essential oils? This would go a long way to helping us who are sensitive to chemicals.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I love perfumes and have far too many of them!

Currently I love Stella by Stella McCartney, Diorissimo by Dior, Chanel n.19 by Chanel, Violetta by Penhaligons and Petite Cherie and Quel Amour! by Annick Goutal.

Guilty secret - I love Pink Sugar by Aquolina.

I tried Coco recently but thought it was a bit grown up for me - like I would have to be dignified and stop giggling!

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I like several of the Chanel's: #'s 19 & 22, Cuir de Russe.

Right now I'm anxiously checking the mail. I ordered some samples of several of Amouage's perfumes, also Guerlain's Nahema, and L'Artisan Voleur de Roses. I've read great reviews on those, but I don't want commit to a bottle without trying them out first.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Since I grew antique roses at my previous home, I may have to look for this one.

For a favourite modern rose perfume, I have Evelyn by Crabtree and Evelyn, and I had their Evelyn rose as well in my garden.

I've taken to Rose Nuit de Mais (I think it's spelled thIat way) by Occitaine. It's a floral, which I usually don't like, but a very deep antique rose scent, which is lovely and mysterious without being overpowering for daytime wear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points