Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men who can cook.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I'm useless at cooking, so in my case it's necessary! But I do find it rather attractive, especially if he can whip up a nice Italian...

My part: bringing the wine:D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I love to cook and do most of it here. I think I probably have about 50 cookbooks.
And I clean up. :) The secret is to keep after it as you go.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I love to see someone really into their craft. There is nothing like watching a fella debate in his head how much spice to put in the stew, or weather or not to add that little something to a special recipe. Its magic. :rolleyes:

But as Lizzie said, if he can put on that apron and wash the pots and pans, he will always have my heart.

LD

Novella

Practically Family
If a guy can cook, that's great, but it doesn't set my heart a flutter. If cooking is a guy's passion and you can see that while he's at work that's a different story though. It's kind of what Lady Day said. I love to see the passion people have for their hobbies/work, whether it's putting together a meal, playing an instrument, crafting a story, whatever it may be. The passion is infectious!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
The thought of a man who can cook is very appealing, and as the other ladies say one who can clean up too:D , I just don't know how happy I'd be with sharing MY kitchen!lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I love to cook.

Cooking is a creative art, so I love to add my own touches to recipes I like.
Insalada de Mare is one of my specialties. :essen:
Cleaning up is easy if one does not make a huge mess of it to begin with, and having a dishwasher is huge plus. :D

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Father and I handle the cooking at home.
Funny thing happened yesterday - The blender has been out of order for a while, and we needed some ground chicken. We put the blender's blades on a power drill, and it worked beautifully.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Stuffed lobster and salmon; a chilled California white zinfandel; and
Paganini: Violin Concerto #2, "La Campanella".

And, I pull KP duty. :)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Ah, a jug of bread a loaf of wine and thou.;)

I make a mean Joe's Special. I can crack an egg one-handed and flip an omelet one-handed if I want to make it look cool even if it isn't that interesting a food.

I definately do dishes but not windows.:D

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
I think most women do...

I think women enjoy the novelty of it all. I regularily cook homemade dishes and bring them to work for potlucks (I work at a hospital). The responses from the nurses has been largely positive - so much so that I think that the majority of women like a guy who can cook. We quite enjoy discussing various dishes and techniques.

Baking is my perferred speciality, although I am capable of doing entrees and side dishes as well. If you can master baking, most everything else is a piece of cake!

Lancealot

Practically Family
Slicksuit said:
I think women enjoy the novelty of it all. I regularily cook homemade dishes and bring them to work for potlucks (I work at a hospital). The responses from the nurses has been largely positive - so much so that I think that the majority of women like a guy who can cook. We quite enjoy discussing various dishes and techniques.

Baking is my perferred speciality, although I am capable of doing entrees and side dishes as well. If you can master baking, most everything else is a piece of cake!

I agree. That's what got the converstion brought up at work. I had brought in a cake for a potluck and the ladies I work with went crazy over it. They mentioned how some of there husbands cooked but wouldn't touch baking.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Let's face it, fellas'n'gals: The Man Who Can Cook is just a modern variation on a very old theme – The Man of Competence.

What's required of The Man? The ability to absorb complicated procedure, execute under pressure, and Deliver The Goods. Same as with a pilot, sportsman, doctor, banker...just in a different field. The square-jawed alpha-male do-er has just taken on a new, slightly metro plumage.

Not so encouraging for us attention-deficit types, who have to get by on cleverness and charm. However, I clean up a kitchen like a champ. ;)

vonwotan

Practically Family
Another topic near and dear to my heart. My granfather taught my father, and my father taught me how to cook. Both did this out of passion in their free time, and not as a nightly chore. Some of my greatest memories are working in the kithchen with my father on those occasions when he was home; the night they allowed me to cater a business dinner and handed me a blank check for the coq-au-vin; and, some very animated discussions / competitions with my ex-girlfriend who was employed at Chanterell in NY at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21