Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Cologne / Men Of ( STYLE ) THE FEDORA LOUNGE What Are You Wearing ?

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
I have a few from others I switch around to depending on the mood and occasion.

My go to : Prada LHomme……………after I ran out of Creed Aventus

No order …
: Dior Sauvage
: Chanel Bleu
: Hugo Boss Bottled
: John Varvatos Artisan
: Prada Luna Rossa

If I have left over after a year I give it away to friends.:eek:

Roadopen

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Just a note to the guys who wear cologne: Take it easy. I wore cologne when I was younger, but developed an allergic reaction to some scents. When I'm in the proximity of someone who has taken to marinating himself in fragrance, my gag reflex kicks in and I have to move.

I once shook hands with someone who'd basked himself in cologne and spent five minutes or more in the washroom trying to get his scent off my hands.

Fragrance should be subtle, not screaming out loud.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Gentleman is one I don't have.
Mouchoir De Monsieur, Jicky, Heritage, Habit Rouge, and Coriolan are the only Guerlain scents currently in my collection.
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is also one of my favorites.
And I love Bay Rum!
I used to be pretty active on Basenotes, Fragrantica, Badger & Blade (until I went rogue and grew a beard), and a few other similar forums...

Edit: Just went through my old Photobucket Account and found this...
8EwD5gQ.jpg
Actually, Gentleman is by Givenchy. I think it’s their longest standing men’s cologne

One thing:

In Germany, there are seemingly still many storebrand after shaves, containing the fragrance oil of Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (light blue colour, grapefruity!). Seems to be true long runner.

Is it the same in the US??

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
I wear Himalaya by Creed.
I get compliments all the time, from everyone. It's a wonderful fragrance.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Tried the new Tom Ford cologne Leather Ombre when I was in London City airport and liked it a lot. As the name suggests, it’s quite a dark, smoky smell with a lot spice. Quite expensive, though, as the cheapest I’ve seen it is £75!

Today and two days ago, Tabac Original after shave. :)

One of THE classic german after shaves! This classic oriental scent, especially after using shaving soap/cream, still got this sweet, leathery, but still fresh oriental spicyness like christmas bakery and so on.

But, I can't tell you about the actual formula. My nearly empty bottle is two, maybe even three years old. Actually, some of the german perfume fan community are saying about the Eau de Cologne, that the formula changed, actually.
But I didn't already checked it.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hugo has been my main cologne for a long time. But I only wear it going out, or - honestly - on Fridays as a treat for my female co-workers. I get more compliments on this cologne than anything. I've had strangers ask me, OMG... what is that incredible cologne? It smells so goooooooooood.

For daily wear my wife has some inexpensive Black Leather something or other I use.

Hugo has been my main cologne for a long time. But I only wear it going out, or - honestly - on Fridays as a treat for my female co-workers. I get more compliments on this cologne than anything. I've had strangers ask me, OMG... what is that incredible cologne? It smells so goooooooooood.

Those were the days, buddy, THOSE were the days!! :)

Hugo
was my first after shave in the nearly identical storebrand version (Maxim Markenprodukte) from ALDI. I was 15 (1999) and I loved it! That brewage was so spicy (pimento-like), clean, cool and STRONG! :cool: Let us say, it was THE "sport after shave", for me! And ALDI named it "MAN Sport". Everytime, I used it, it was a real happening. Totally ass-kicking impact of freshness.

Sadly, in 2000, ALDI changed it to Boss Bottled. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff