Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Deoderants/Body Sprays - what do you swear by?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Ohhh... I'm getting.... ooh... an old saddle... and ooh.... hints of...
last Tuesday's...Chicken Jalfrezi...

Sounds nice Paddy, I like cheap, Mens fragrances, along with the not-so-cheap ones. My Father-in-Law brought back a no-name aftershave from Barbados for me and it's really good. And some dark rum in a plastic bottle... the Rum is fantastic- the local brew.

I smell like Rum.

Jilly G.

dakotanorth

Practically Family
B.O.dorant?

Old Spice High Endurance Red Zone. Ok, I know it's "Red Zone". The stuff works like crazy.

Cologne? Either "Drakkoir Noir" or "E" by Emporio Armani. Or maybe it's called "Lui"?? It's the thin charcoal gray bottle with the "e" on the back. Good stuff!

panamag8or

Practically Family
CharlestonBows said:
Mitchem. Fragrance free - add that later with your signature cologne.

Is that stuff chock full of the aluminum whats-its-phate that is supposed to be bad for you?

I'm looking for a good unscented deodorant. If I'm paying $80 for a bottle of Floris, I don't want anything interfering with it.lol

panamag8or said:
Is that stuff chock full of the aluminum whats-its-phate that is supposed to be bad for you?

I'm looking for a good unscented deodorant. If I'm paying $80 for a bottle of Floris, I don't want anything interfering with it.lol

My skin is sensitive, and I've tried a number of different products -- reliable Old Spice included. Everything but good ol' Mitchem bothers. [huh] I have to have the unscented as well, for the same aforementioned reason. All I can say is that it works for me!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
RondoHatton said:
Seems like even "hypo allergenic" products give me contact dermatitis lately. I do not like the idea of "going native", especially to dances. Pinaud talc or 99 cent store geld bond powder is about all the hide can tolerate - any suggestions in this sensitive area?

I use the fragrence-free Almay Hypoallergenic Clear Gel. Keeps me dry even when I work up a sweat (which I am loathe to do) and has kept me rash-free for over five years. It can be tough to find, but is usually in stock at most Walgreen Pharmacies.

Tony in Tarzana said:
That Axe stuff doesn't work worth a damn.

I agree! lol

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I don't want to mix scents and on the other hand, I wouldn't like to use a product when I found another that works better for me, just because it's of the same scent line. So I use an eau de toilette for scent, an unscented anti-perspirant to keep me from sweating, and an unscented after-shave balm to keep my face from burning.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Mine is some Nivea Men's thingie. Not too much odour with it which suits me as I prefer using my aftershave/cologne for that. I find you have to be careful with deodorants otherwise some of them smell like something you'd clean the sink or the bath with.

Smelly-wise at the moment it's Polo Black which has taken over from the good old Boucheron. I love the stuff.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Mine is some Nivea Men's thingie.

Yip, that's what I use as an :eek:fftopic: after-shave. I tried quite a number of products over the years, both alcoholic/watery and balms, and Nivea's "extra soothing" balm turned out best for so far.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use Mennon Speed Stick 24/7 in the "white" formula. Only the white color products have ingredients like aluminum zirconium that actually work as an antiperspirant for me....and this is important because my one Howard Hughes quirk thingy is that I hate to perspire!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And by the way gentlemen, if you like to stay cool and dry in other places beyond the underarms do try Gold Bond Body Powder after a shower.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ