Men's Deoderants/Body Sprays - what do you swear by?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by BellyTank, Oct 19, 2007.

1. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

Ohhh... I'm getting.... ooh... an old saddle... and ooh.... hints of...
    last Tuesday's...Chicken Jalfrezi...

Sounds nice Paddy, I like cheap, Mens fragrances, along with the not-so-cheap ones. My Father-in-Law brought back a no-name aftershave from Barbados for me and it's really good. And some dark rum in a plastic bottle... the Rum is fantastic- the local brew.

I smell like Rum.

Jilly G.

2. Seems like even "hypo allergenic" products give me contact dermatitis lately. I do not like the idea of "going native", especially to dances. Pinaud talc or 99 cent store geld bond powder is about all the hide can tolerate - any suggestions in this sensitive area?

3. Tony in Tarzana

Tony in Tarzana My Mail is Forwarded Here

That Axe stuff doesn't work worth a damn.

4. dakotanorth

dakotanorth Practically Family

B.O.dorant?

Old Spice High Endurance Red Zone. Ok, I know it's "Red Zone". The stuff works like crazy.

Cologne? Either "Drakkoir Noir" or "E" by Emporio Armani. Or maybe it's called "Lui"?? It's the thin charcoal gray bottle with the "e" on the back. Good stuff!

5. Mid-fogey

Mid-fogey Practically Family

Old spice...

...35 years.

6. CharlestonBows

CharlestonBows Vendor

Mitchem. Fragrance free - add that later with your signature cologne.

7. panamag8or

panamag8or Practically Family

Is that stuff chock full of the aluminum whats-its-phate that is supposed to be bad for you?

I'm looking for a good unscented deodorant. If I'm paying $80 for a bottle of Floris, I don't want anything interfering with it.lol

8. CharlestonBows

CharlestonBows Vendor

My skin is sensitive, and I've tried a number of different products -- reliable Old Spice included. Everything but good ol' Mitchem bothers. [huh] I have to have the unscented as well, for the same aforementioned reason. All I can say is that it works for me!

9. The Wingnut

The Wingnut One Too Many

Old Spice, Royall Spyce, Polo Safari.

Stuff with appropriately vintage looking bottles. :D

10. Johnnysan

Johnnysan One Too Many

I use the fragrence-free Almay Hypoallergenic Clear Gel. Keeps me dry even when I work up a sweat (which I am loathe to do) and has kept me rash-free for over five years. It can be tough to find, but is usually in stock at most Walgreen Pharmacies.

I agree! lol

11. skbellis

skbellis One of the Regulars

Addiction - Wild Ginger??

Paddy,

Does the Addiction - Wild Ginger you have come in a bottle like this:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120050.html

Just curious as this website says it is discontinued.

Thanks.

---Scott

12. Shaul-Ike Cohen

Shaul-Ike Cohen One Too Many

I don't want to mix scents and on the other hand, I wouldn't like to use a product when I found another that works better for me, just because it's of the same scent line. So I use an eau de toilette for scent, an unscented anti-perspirant to keep me from sweating, and an unscented after-shave balm to keep my face from burning.

13. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Mine is some Nivea Men's thingie. Not too much odour with it which suits me as I prefer using my aftershave/cologne for that. I find you have to be careful with deodorants otherwise some of them smell like something you'd clean the sink or the bath with.

Smelly-wise at the moment it's Polo Black which has taken over from the good old Boucheron. I love the stuff.

14. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

When I use deodorant, I don't want it to smell of anything!
    That way it doesn't mix with my expensive cologne.;)

15. Shaul-Ike Cohen

Shaul-Ike Cohen One Too Many

Yip, that's what I use as an :eek:fftopic: after-shave. I tried quite a number of products over the years, both alcoholic/watery and balms, and Nivea's "extra soothing" balm turned out best for so far.

16. Twitch

Twitch My Mail is Forwarded Here

I use Mennon Speed Stick 24/7 in the "white" formula. Only the white color products have ingredients like aluminum zirconium that actually work as an antiperspirant for me....and this is important because my one Howard Hughes quirk thingy is that I hate to perspire!

17. cowboy76

cowboy76 Suspended

Bay-Rum!

My 84 yr old barber got me hooked about 8 yrs ago on the stuff,...you can beat yer gums about all the rest, but the rum is the stuff for me!;)

18. carter

carter I'll Lock Up

Old Spice. Goes on clear and works like a dream.

19. Gatsby84

Gatsby84 Familiar Face

Personally, I use Old Spice myself. It's just one of those things that sons pick up from their fathers.
    -Allen

20. Twitch

Twitch My Mail is Forwarded Here

And by the way gentlemen, if you like to stay cool and dry in other places beyond the underarms do try Gold Bond Body Powder after a shower.:eusa_clap