Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mexican biker rings!

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Anyone out there have some of those vintage mexican souvenir (biker) rings from the 30's/40's? Part of the fun of collecting them is seeing the variety of styles they used. It would be great to see what everyone has. When I get access to a cam, I'll post mine.

If you wanna sell any that you own, send me a pm!

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
That's a shame, no one here has a few of these cool rings? I still haven't gotten a camera to post mine yet. Hopefully someone out there has some to post!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Take a look at the thread Rings
I've got pretty chubby digits (my brother's nickname for me when we wuz kids = jumbo cod fingers!) so my collection of rings is pretty small. A pal's been visiting so I just loaded meself up and snapped this with his camera phone:

37948_10150288961845471_725635470_15151223_5523037_n.jpg

From L to R: Mexican horseshoe ring bought at a Memphis flea market a few years back, a silver religious ring that I got in Tennessee cos it looked like a cocktail glass, an Avon horseshoe ring off Ebay, my 1930s white gold wedding band, our first silver 'music notes' wedding ring from when we got married inside Sun Studios (my wife mashed hers by accident, hence the sturdier replacement!), a neat 1920s-style signet ring from Schwabs on Beale Street, and a nice deco pinky ring from the flea market in Geneva...

At Old Ring
This may not be the place to ask, but I'll give it a shot. I have a ring that was passed down to me when my grandfather passed away. It's stupid of me not to ask questions while he was alive. All I know is that he was so proud of this ring and wore it everyday till the day he died. His background: He was an Electrical Engineer graduate of MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in the early 30's. Could it be some kind of class ring? Fraternity ring? I don't know. I thought anyone might have seen something similar. The ring is in 18K Yellow Gold, but the cameo itself is not gold but of a different material like alabaster. Thanks.

ringfw0.jpg

Or What Are you Wearing Today?

Last edited:

Jerekson

One Too Many
These are way too cool for school.

I've never heard of this before. Just recently I was turned onto the world of "Copper By Bell" Indian jewelry from the 30's-60's which seems like a similar category. I will be keeping an eye out fr this stuff.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The ring I'm wearing in that old pic that Dinerman posted I wouldn't say is a biker ring, but a Lofgren repro of a Johnson-Smith style novelty ring, like this one:

4058963047_3eb8ccefc0_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112