Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Feinstein

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I saw it too. I'm not much of a fan of his singing, but wow, he's doing a tremendous service in locating and archiving all those rare vintage musical materials!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was at Feinstein's the other night to see Mickey Rooney (yes! he just turned 90!) Michael and Barbara Cook seem to be the house band there nowadays, and I'm dying to see them. Actually, that coulld be a great Lounge meet-up. The tickets at Feinstein's were not bad at all ($50 for the medium seats) and the food was also reasonable and quite good. It's a wonderfully intimate setting. Anybody interested?

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I gained new respect for Feinstein after watching him on the Astaire-Rogers Shall We Dance DVD mini documentary; he loves that era, and it shows.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
I was at Feinstein's the other night to see Mickey Rooney (yes! he just turned 90!)

How was the Rooney show? I wanted to go, but the wife wasn't as keen as I and then I forgot all about it.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Mickey

He was amazingly good, for an old geezer. He was up there for about a solid 35 or 40 minutes, on his own, making with the funny lines and faking his way through the songs, He of course did a lot of material about Judy Garland. But I thought it was a very well written act, and he had great energy throughout.
Then his wife got up and spelled him. She did about 20 minutes of songs, especially a set of Patsy Cline songs, that were thoroughly enjoyable. Then they worked together. Then Donald Trump got up and read a couple proclamations from the Brooklyn Boro President, and the mayor and the president. Mercifully, The Donald just skimmed the last two. The Donald, Feinstein, Victor Garber, Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Regis Philbin and Tony Bennett were all in the audience. Way way beyond cool. My date rushed up afterward and shook hands with Nathan Lane. She was ecstatic.
It was a truly magical evening.
Feinstein's is a really nice place. Only holds 140, the prices, for what you get, are extremely reasonable. Let's do it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk