Military Style Duty Shirts/ Casually?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Sonero, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family

I used to love 5 11 tactical clothing but fell out of that phase awhile ago. Recently I came across a company called Blauer. I absolutely fell in love with the quality of their items. IMO far superior than 5 11.
    I picked up these duty shirts. They are very unique in both quality and fit. They also include a zipper and ventilated mesh sides. The fit is tailored. I couldn't help but think of high end " safari " shirts when I saw these. I think they are brilliant with jeans. The ultimate travel shirt with 70s flair.....or am I nuts ?
    Anyone else into duty shirts 20201022_144213.jpg 20201022_144224.jpg 20201022_144235.jpg 20201022_144250.jpg 20201022_144303.jpg 20201022_144425.jpg

Zoo and JustinW like this.
  2. JustinW

JustinW One of the Regulars

I dig it. I like epaulets and the whole safari shirt vibe. Kinda reminds me of Magnum PI when he wasn’t in a Hawaiian print.

They look pretty slim - the baggy fit of most ‘tactical’ clothing kills it for me.

Except when I have to wear it at work. They I go with Helicon pants, which are a bit slimmer than American brands.

3. Flanderian

Flanderian A-List Customer

They're handsome, quality shirts, and if you like the look, IMHO there's no reason not to wear them as casual/sports wear. Though personally, I'd always make a point of pairing them with trousers that are an harmonious contrast in color or tone, so as to avoid them looking a bit too much like a service employee uniform.

Peacoat likes this.
  4. Sonero

I totally agree. That's why these shirts caught my attention. The fit. I will take a picture with them on tomorrow.
    Thanks !

I agree. The only one I would play with all one color is black. The khaki would look great with blue jeans and maybe natural color Timberland work boots.

JustinW likes this.
  5. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

I don't necessarily mind the look in terms of the pattern/tailoring, but it's the synthetic fiber that kills contemporary "tactical" wear for me. Just insufferable for me, at least in this climate (higher-humidity Midwestern USA). In the particular case of these shirts, I believe the zipped front & vented sides are to more comfortably accommodate the wearing of body armor for law enforcement. Not a feature I personally need.

I suppose all of the above may be why I tend to gravitate more toward repros of early/mid-20th Century clothing of this this type - a semi-formal presentation built for utility/durability, and out of far more breathable natural fabrics.

That said, I have a pair of "covert" trousers by Propper which are nice for the wide array of discreet pockets & gusseted crotch. Some of the utility of BDU trousers/"cargo pants", without That Look.

Sonero likes this.
  6. Sonero

Another Blauer duty shirt I wear casually is their Armour Skin base shirt. It comes in a few colors. Here is navy. Really super cool looking fashion forward. Something Tom Ford might come out with. I like the sunglass/microphone loop.
    Also me in the black uniform shirt. Tail is long but rises a bit with undershirt underneath.
    Base shirt in navy and chocolate brown.
    20201023_131528.jpg 20201023_131548.jpg 20201023_131832.jpg 20201023_131845.jpg 20201023_131128.jpg 20201023_131148.jpg

JustinW likes this.
  7. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Blauer makes a good product as far as duty wear goes. I have a lined V-neck sweater and its the warmest item (non outerwear) i own by a lot.

JustinW and Sonero like this.
  8. MichaelRhB

MichaelRhB Familiar Face

I have two of the same dark green German Bundeswehr uniform shirts made by Mil-Tec of ripstop cotton. I don't think they are standard issue, but I'm not certain. They look good with epaulets and flap pockets. Very sharp.