Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Minnesota ripe for the picking?

MissHawthorne

New in Town
The cold is better than the hot, though.
As to the shutdown, I haven't seen anything explode yet. My lights are on, my buses run. Really, we're getting on quite well without.

lol Wisconsin invading. Viva la Cheese. Oh the irony, being a Wisconsinite working in a cheese factory!

My cousin and her husband live in the twin cities and like it there. Seems like a nice place, but I wouldn't be able to deal with all the Vikings fans! Go Pack go!

Ok, so the story on MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43608137/ns/politics-more_politics/) is talking about the state shut down. Sad story, until I get down to the comments...

Tom?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Soory, yoose, I w'ld c'm witcha but I betcha I cin't take the accint, dontchaknow.

I had a friend from Minnesota once who made fun of the way I talk. It's been years and I still find that hilarious. :D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Hahaha, then I guess you have an immunity against Minnesota's number one defense system against invasion! :p

My husband laughs at my own regional-American accent all the time but I don't hear a thing. ;)

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
MN is a nice place. WI should invade while they are weak. Viva la cheese!

Now that was a great comment you found. lol Of course I may be a bit partial, but Minnesota is by far the greatest state in the Union. Best of everything up here even on our worst day. Woe to the Wisconsinite that might try to cross our border with hostile intent.

Last edited:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
The cold is better than the hot, though.
As to the shutdown, I haven't seen anything explode yet. My lights are on, my buses run. Really, we're getting on quite well without.

I agree with Miss Hawthorne although I feel bad for the folks that are out of work or those who had to change their holiday plans because of this.
Personally I think we should lock all the politicians in a room together and not let them come out until they can get along!!!! It has not appeared that have been working hard enough to resolve this in my opinion.
As for the cheese well we make pretty good cheese here too and we produce a lot of milk and butter also. Not sure why Wisconsin gets all the credit. Oh and I wouldn't trade governors with Wisconsin as I am a teacher and he seems to have a gripe.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
I agree with land-o-lakes girl to a certain extent. I too think we should lock all the politicians in a room, but I think that we should lock a dozen hungry badgers in there with them, THEN not let them out until they can get along.

Oh, BTW I'm in Apple Valley!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
The first time I went to visit Jackie's family in Wisconsin, her two brothers kept talking about taking me somewhere called "Utt Nort" the next summer. For a while, my Southern upbringing kept me from asking them what they were talking about. Finally, I could no longer stand not knowing. I took Jackie aside and asked where was the city or town of "Utt Nort" and what was there. She laughed and said that they wanted to rent a cottage for the family "up north"...

Of course, my first thought was to puzzle as to what could possibly be "nort" of where I already was.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112