Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Marc Chevalier, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dahliaoleander

dahliaoleander One of the Regulars

Missing...

SamMarlowPI, Miss1929, JTCarrey...

2. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

It hasn't been that long, but I do miss Mr. Sproily. Such a wonderful source of sartorial inspiration. Do hurry up and come back.

3. Marla

Marla A-List Customer

Indeed! The What Are You Wearing? thread doesn't feel the same without his incomparable contributions.

4. lindylady

lindylady A-List Customer

Jitterbug Doll. Where did she go?

5. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Call Me a Cab

Whatever happened to those old members...

With Torpedo back on the thread, I`m wandering what happened to Carter...?

6. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Call Me a Cab

And Goose...how ya going, man!!?? Miss ya and those Akubras. Heard you had some health issues...you ok, buddy!!??

7. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Call Me a Cab

And Billysmom...are you doing well, madam?

8. zetwal

zetwal I'll Lock Up

9. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Call Me a Cab

Ah, well I was thinking about us Hatties, who rarely wonder down to the other `sites`...but sure, we`re well covered!

10. Last I heard from Carter was he had PC issues & was using a workstation at the local library... [huh]

11. zetwal

zetwal I'll Lock Up

Ah yes, we natty batty Hatties! ;)

12. jwalls

jwalls Vendor

Yeah, I have missed Goose and Sue. Where are you?

13. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Ethanedwards and Doc Devereux.

And Carter as well, very nice chap.

14. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

Looking back in some old posts, I am suddenly missing Marty M.
    Such a nice chap - and with great taste.

15. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Actually somebody else who has been a bit thin on the ground of late, that lover of khaki and a fellow countryman, BellyTank.

Might of course be doing the Scandinavian summer hols of course...

16. Miss 1929

Miss 1929 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm not missing, just busy! Full time work really puts a crimp in my FL time.

Dahliaoleander, are you coming to the Queen Mary Art Deco weekend? Labor Day? They need volunteers!!!!! If you can make it, I am there Thursday through Monday, and I play Sunday night.

17. Yeah, you know I sold him a few neckties a while ago, and after that he seemed to have disappeared.[huh] Nice Finnish cat...

18. HarpPlayerGene

HarpPlayerGene I'll Lock Up

Haven't seen J.T. Marcus or Viperman for a while... [huh]

19. Tango Yankee

Tango Yankee Call Me a Cab

You know, it's funny... I'll come across a post from someone who hasn't posted in a while and wonder when was the last time they posted. With that in mind I'll click on their username and click on "Find More Posts by". As often as not I'll find that they've posted a few posts as always one day, and then... nothing. They just disappear. [huh]

I know that there is often a kind of ebb and flow to how often people post. People get busy, have found they've really not anything new to contribute, move on to other interests. You can often see that when you look at a person's posting record and see the number of posts tapering off.

But when you look at the last posts made by a member, and see that they posted four or five posts one evening and then disappeared, well, it does make one wonder what happened. Although most of us never meet in person we do tend to develop a sense of camaraderie over our shared interests and that leads to a bit of concern when someone stops posting. Not much we can do but hope that everything is OK in their life and say a little prayer for them once we realize that they're gone.

It is rare, though, that people announce that they are leaving a forum for good, and that usually happens when there has been some sort of a blow-up between the poster and others on the board or the moderators. For the most part the only other times I've seen it happen is when the forum was a somewhat specialized one for a particular car model or motorcycle brand and the member decides to sell and moves on to another car or motorcycle. I have seen a few times when someone has announced they will be away for a while due to health reasons. Once when a forum member posted (on a different forum) that this was their last post for health and other reasons it was found out later that the poster died soon after.

Anyway... just my two cents on the subject. I hope that everyone that we've posted about here in this thread that have not returned are well and are doing well and have simply moved on to other interests.

Cheers,
    Tom

20. rumblefish

rumblefish One Too Many

^ Nice thought!:)

Where's Doran?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.