Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom Anniversary Molhalland Jackets

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not for everyone, but nevertheless mighty interesting . . . gotta admit that I am tempted:

Indigo:

Mulholland-2016-Indigo1.jpg

Black:

Mulholland-2016-Black1.jpg

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Nice jacket but it looks like a rehash of the old Belstaff jackets, in the UK Campbell Cooper do a very similar version (maybe not with such fine detailing. but still very nice) for £60.00.

D

wdw

One Too Many
I quite like that, but the label on the chest makes it a non-starter. It looks quite thick and well made.

I had a very similar, and surprising good quality, Belstaff Che Guevara jacket made from thick cotton, much thicker than Barbour, and I regret selling that now.

Edward

Bartender
Mn. I saw these somewhere online the other day. A great take on the design, I'm sure it's wonderfully made - I do like the B3-inspired patches on the arms. The unsubtle logo, the design of which rather jars with the jacket design itself, is a black mark against it; I'd certainly be looking to see how I could remove itg were I to come into possession of one of these. That said, given the likely price of this, I doubt I'd need to concern myself with that. I love the look of a lot of Mr Freedom stuff, but sadly it's just typically all way, way beyond what I could justify spending on any one of the individual items, especially not when, as is definitely the case here, a very good alternative in very much the same vein can be had for a fraction of the price. Not to be overly negative, though, price and logo aside, it is a nice looking jacket. I'm sure the ones I saw thed other day didn't have the logo patch, so maybe it can be either easily removed or ordered without.

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket but it looks like a rehash of the old Belstaff jackets, in the UK Campbell Cooper do a very similar version (maybe not with such fine detailing. but still very nice) for £60.00.

D

Are those the ones that company.... Speedway? Speedwell? Something like that.... are selling? I'm currently looking at their upscale model that's about £165, with the heavier cotton and CE armouring. Seem to be very impressive for the money - certainly at least as good as the Basbour Internationals I've handled, which, while they didn't lose their quality the way Belstaff seemed to when they became a fashion house, certainlyh went overboard with the logoing and drasstically up in price in recent years.

Is it just me or is it amazingly close to an M42 jump jacket from WWII?

Not a million miles away in the basic look, though I believe waxed cotton motorcycle jackets of this style predate the M42 by some time. If memory serves, Barvbour claim to have been making something along these lines in the twenties. The M42 obviously isn't weather proofed like these either, but yes, the overall design is similar. I've occasionally considered one for civilian wear as a sort of dry/warm weather equivalent to the mc waxed cotton type. Could work similarly well as a Safari jacket for travel, while sticking out less in an airport, perhaps.

Blackadder

The MF is actually much heavier than Barbour and also thicker than Belstaff. In stead of waxed cotton its shell is grosgrain like the N-1. As for the label, I think it may have to do with the general styling of this classics style given that many of the Barbour and Belstaff have labels too.
I prefer the older version in brown though. Hooks in stead of snaps and different labels.
http://www.misterfreedom.com/mulholland-master-brown.html

Last edited:

konadog

Practically Family
owning multiple MF pieces and having been to the store many times, i can say that their jackets justify the price tags. the materials, details, and construction are terrific.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Edward,
I dont think the Campbell Cooper one is the same as the Speedwell jacket, however both are made in England, I have a different model Campbell Cooper waxed cotton and I'm very pleased with it, the material is certainly thicker than Barbour and I've never had any water come through.

D

barnabus

One Too Many

tropicalbob

Are those the ones that company.... Speedway? Speedwell? Something like that.... are selling? I'm currently looking at their upscale model that's about £165, with the heavier cotton and CE armouring. Seem to be very impressive for the money - certainly at least as good as the Basbour Internationals I've handled, which, while they didn't lose their quality the way Belstaff seemed to when they became a fashion house, certainlyh went overboard with the logoing and drasstically up in price in recent years.

Not a million miles away in the basic look, though I believe waxed cotton motorcycle jackets of this style predate the M42 by some time. If memory serves, Barvbour claim to have been making something along these lines in the twenties. The M42 obviously isn't weather proofed like these either, but yes, the overall design is similar. I've occasionally considered one for civilian wear as a sort of dry/warm weather equivalent to the mc waxed cotton type. Could work similarly well as a Safari jacket for travel, while sticking out less in an airport, perhaps.
I've been wondering about this for some time, but didn't Lawrence of Arabia have one for his motorcycle riding? That would have put it before WWI. Could be, and probably am, dead wrong.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I don't see this jacket on the MF website. The rest of their newly released 10th Anniversary collection looks brillliant and none have the external logo on them same as all their other listed outerwear. This might just be a one off release. I have few of their pieces and am blown away by their use of rare time honoured natural materials, construction and workmanship. Quality is second to none. If one can afford a premium leather jacket from the usual suspects here then they can afford at least one MF creation to complement it.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I don't see this jacket on the MF website. The rest of their newly released 10th Anniversary collection looks brillliant and none have the external logo on them same as all their other listed outerwear. This might just be a one off release. I have few of their pieces and am blown away by their use of rare time honoured natural materials, construction and workmanship. Quality is second to none. If one can afford a premium leather jacket from the usual suspects here then they can afford at least one MF creation to complement it.

Couldn't agree more.

Blackadder

It is a reissue of the previous pattern in different colours and according to MF this pattern is unlikely to be re-reissued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ