Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom Road Champs - worth the wait?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I'm in line for a pair of the brown Road Champs. I was told that the leather for the boots was in the process of being procured - which they admitted could be a while. I was in line a while back and got the email saying they were available, but I had just made a large $ jacke purchase and couldn't swing two large purchases so close together. I have the money tucked away now, ready for the Road Champs...

...then I see these Wesco engineers in British Tan.

https://standardandstrange.com/coll...nniversary-engineer-boot-british-tan-naildown

Like the build, love the color, hate the label (but it wouldn't be seen). Should I continue to hold off for the Road Champs? It isn't like I need another pair of boots, so no real hurry. To be honest, I don't see a lot of discussion on the Road Champs, probably owing to their relative rarity. I'm not going to buy both and I don't want to buy some obscure Japanese brand online and worry about fit issues. I'm also not the type to get all wet over laser perfect stitching.

Road Champs!
IMG_5634.jpg

Last edited:

sunzisheng

New in Town
Certainly go for brian the bootmaker if you have the money to buy a pair of expensive boots.
Mister freedom has a nice last, but julian boots' craftsmanship is no match for brian's. Not even close.

Edward

Bartender
Love the look of them, woildn't mindmthe wait, but could never justify the price of them!

If you go custom with Wesco, can't you order without the logo?

Mich486

One Too Many
99.99% sure those are Attractions in Horsebutt. Road champs have the strap in a different position (higher up).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terminator

One of the Regulars
Certainly go for brian the bootmaker if you have the money to buy a pair of expensive boots.
Mister freedom has a nice last, but julian boots' craftsmanship is no match for brian's. Not even close.

Is it confirmed that Road Champs are made by Julian?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112