1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Mister Freedom Road Champs - worth the wait?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Grayland, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

I'm in line for a pair of the brown Road Champs. I was told that the leather for the boots was in the process of being procured - which they admitted could be a while. I was in line a while back and got the email saying they were available, but I had just made a large $ jacke purchase and couldn't swing two large purchases so close together. I have the money tucked away now, ready for the Road Champs...

...then I see these Wesco engineers in British Tan.

https://standardandstrange.com/coll...nniversary-engineer-boot-british-tan-naildown

Like the build, love the color, hate the label (but it wouldn't be seen). Should I continue to hold off for the Road Champs? It isn't like I need another pair of boots, so no real hurry. To be honest, I don't see a lot of discussion on the Road Champs, probably owing to their relative rarity. I'm not going to buy both and I don't want to buy some obscure Japanese brand online and worry about fit issues. I'm also not the type to get all wet over laser perfect stitching.

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Road Champs!
    IMG_5634.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  3. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

Those yours?

4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I wish!
    I can't afford fancy boots :D