Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Milan {modern}

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
So, for those that own the Strato Milan, I take it that its an okay hat for the price. Not as good as a custom, but something I wont mind getting banged about either, somewhat, heh.

Correct. It is not a plant fiber but rather a plastic thread that is woven into a Milan braid and then sewn into a hat. In other words, it can get rained on without doing any harm to the hat.

I have the "natural" colored one and will order the grey one this weekend.

Tom

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Okay Ed. First, here are some pics of my friend who I call Wah-Wah with the Milan Strat on his noggin:
downsized_0315021251.jpg

downsized_0315021252.jpg

downsized_0315021256.jpg

And now for a mini-review. Feels and looks very much like my Stetson Whitehall I bought from the Hatco Outlet about a year ago (which is Shantung with several coats of shellac) making it a bit heavier than it looks like it might be from looking at the photo at Menshats.com. So even though it does have a somewhat heavy, plasticky feel, it is quite comfortable (Wah-Wah and I have the same hat-size). But probably not a suitable lid for extremely hot summer days. It looks great in person and my cellphone pics don't really do it justice at all.

Hello there !!!

I am going to buy one of this Strat Milan Straw hats, just asking your friends hat is Beige or Sand?

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely.

Rodolfo

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hello Rusty,

Is this Sand or Beige?

Please let me know !! I am just about to order it, I have some other Questions, maybe you can help me:

Hello,

I am going to buy a couple of Stetson Stratoliner Fedora Milan Straw, to use them when I dont want to risk my Panamas.

Have some questions about those and maybe some of you own it and can help me with this issues.

1.- Does it fit true to size? My Stetson Panamas always fit more snug than the Stetson Fur Felt Ones.

2.- Looking at the real hat does the brim look small? Normally I like 2 3/4 " brims and this one is 2 1/2. (you answered this with your pics)

3.- What about the quality?

4.- I am thinking about Sand or Beige and Grey, but I have some issues with the grey looking cheap. Also if anyone has sand and beige wich one looks better in person?

Any feedback will be appreciated !!

Have a nice weekend

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
The hat runs true to size. I have had mine for about four years and it still looks good. It does soften up over time. The Beige color is almost white. We do not carry it. The sand is closets to silvebelly. The brim is good at 2 1/2".

Jeff

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Mine arrived yesterday, 7 1/4 in gray. Perfect fit!

6877721864_5a9d8fc009_z.jpg

Hello,

I want to buy a hat like that one !!

I am unsure about the quality of the hat in that color in person, I had one grey straw and it looked cheap in person.

Any feedback on how it looks in person will help me !!

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely.

Rodolfo

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jeff...

I was thinking that I dont have any Gray straw hats...

And maybe that can be worn even with bermuda shorts ....

By the way I asked about sizing as the Panama that I got from you in size 60 or 7 1/2 fit snug, while the Stetson Temple in 60 fits perfect (I would say fits and looks perfect), so I am wondering wheather I should get this ones in 61 or 7 5/8, whats your advice?

Also the black Straw Stetson Roxbury I got from you has got a lot of compliments !!! Who would have thought about it !!! I bought it for ridding the jeep and walking the dogs.

Nice to hear from you..

Best regards.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I am a 7 5/8 and my Statoliner in 7 5/8 fits very nice. I can try them on and pick a tight or a loose 7 1/2 when you order. Glad you are enjoying the hats.

Jeff

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I am my friend, I am...

Just 2 minutes ago a real nice girl who works at a nice bank could not stop complimenting my Temple, se even asked if she can take a picture wearing it, she did, now my hat smells great !!! NIce lady cologne !!

Will let you know next week, maybe a couple of tight 7 5/8´s will work better..

regards.

Rodolfo

javadave61

Practically Family
Assuming that spring is really going to come this year, I'm thinking about warm weather hats. And the milan stratoliner seems very attractive.

My question is about size. I'm a 59.5 cm, right between 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. In was in a men's store recently trying on milan straw hats, and most the 7 1/2 hats were HUGE on me. Are milan hats easy to stretch a half size? And do they hold? Or would a larger hat somehow shrink down to fit? Just curious what experience any of you have had.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Assuming that spring is really going to come this year, I'm thinking about warm weather hats. And the milan stratoliner seems very attractive.

My question is about size. I'm a 59.5 cm, right between 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. In was in a men's store recently trying on milan straw hats, and most the 7 1/2 hats were HUGE on me. Are milan hats easy to stretch a half size? And do they hold? Or would a larger hat somehow shrink down to fit? Just curious what experience any of you have had.

Size varies from brand to brand and style to style within the brand. Most of my larger fitting straws have backed down in size w wear. If u dont have the opportunity to try on the specific hat you're liking, order the half size up. I've ordered a full size up w some straws and they've tightened up nicely. You can usually return it, if it doesn't work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112