Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Modern Stetson "High Crown" Excellent Quality Whippet Phantom Grey 7 3/8

Ken David

One of the Regulars
Purchased from Hatco not too long ago. I was excited to get this unique hat but it ended up too big (I wear 7 1/4) never did wear it. Thought I'd post here before going to ebay, comes with Stetson hat box (not shown). Priced for what I have into it. $145 + actual shipping.

Designed by Matt Deckard exclusively for the Stetson Japanese market (search forum for more info from Bob Roberts). Hat is too big so figured I find a new home to make room for hats that actually fit.
WKbLPvM.jpg

6BPdaID.jpg

yZcFHXz.jpg

Last edited:

M Hatman

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Purchased from Hatco not too long ago. I was excited to get this unique hat but it ended up too big (I wear 7 1/4) never did wear it. Thought I'd post here before going to ebay, comes with Stetson hat box (not shown). Priced for what I have into it. $145 + actual shipping.

Designed by Matt Deckard exclusively for the Stetson Japanese market (search forum for more info from Bob Roberts). Hat is too big so figured I find a new home to make room for hats that actually fit.
WKbLPvM.jpg

6BPdaID.jpg

yZcFHXz.jpg
This is a very nice hat......I wonder if the JP stands for Japanese production then? I have been looking for one of these for a while now.....but in 7 1/2.......Did not know these were for the overseas markets in Japan.....that may explain why I cannot seem to find a 7 1/2.......:(
M

Ken David

One of the Regulars
This is a very nice hat......I wonder if the JP stands for Japanese production then? I have been looking for one of these for a while now.....but in 7 1/2.......Did not know these were for the overseas markets in Japan.....that may explain why I cannot seem to find a 7 1/2.......:(
M

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-new-hats-here.28145/page-1692

See post #33839; yes this hat was made exclusively made for the Japanese market. Check with the Hatco outlet in Garland, I know that they had some but not sure what they have now or if they will possibly get some more in ?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
They did change the design a little since the production sample I made up for japan. The Whippet logo on the inside is gone, and the leather I originally used was a roan leather russet brown. Also, they are using a poly ribbon now instead of the cotton rayon original I had on the samples. It's the first new mould for a hat made by Stetson in about 35 years. Yes it's exclusive to the Japanese market, or Stetson Japan. I have the original open crown prototypes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuvier