Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristi Elegante' by Art Fawcett...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
This is a Montecristi hat body from PanamaBob. I had Art Fawcett block it in a C crown block and do the bound edge. I think it came out very elegant. Comments please...

http://www.panamas.biz/ Robert Weber

http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/ Art Fawcett

MVC-058F.jpg

MVC-057F.jpg

MVC-054F.jpg

MVC-053F.jpg

MVC-055F.jpg

Mr Nick

New in Town
Cool Hat!

Looks really good! I don't remember seeing a Panama with a bound edge. Very impressive! You wear it well!:eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
Bravo:eusa_clap I agree, it is a very elegant hat. I like the addition of the bound edge. It looks great on you too. Please share all the dimensions of the hat, brim, bound edge and ribbon. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Brilliant!!!

The bound edges make the hat "Pop" but in an elegant, understated way. Well done.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Love it! Again, a Panama that doesn't look at all generic -- that's something I'd definitely wear...

Visigoth

A-List Customer
And that gives me ideas, now that I can almost wield a needle and thread...

That contrasting dark line in the center of the bow -- strikes me that I could add that myself, with very little effort, to any of my hats that need a bit of an accent.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not fair, I speak to you on the telephone for two hours and you're totally holding out on me!

A Panama with a bound brim; I've never seen that and I like the way it looks. Actually, I have seen a Panama with a bound brim, just not on a fedora; Daisy has one, but it's a different type of hat.

I love the strip on the center of the ribbon and I love that color ribbon. What color would you call it?

I have a suggestion for all future Panama Hat orders, go with something other than a black ribbon. Yes, black is classic, but many vintage Panamas had more interesting ribbons.

Excellent Hat!

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
oh i think i see another trip to the Monticristi Inn in florida coming sometime soon....

these can be stretched....lol

great looking hat and compliments to all three of you involved...

mark the shoeshine boy

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Dimensions

Razzman said:
Bravo:eusa_clap I agree, it is a very elegant hat. I like the addition of the bound edge. It looks great on you too. Please share all the dimensions of the hat, brim, bound edge and ribbon. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you Lou,

The brim is 2 7/8 inches. The crown is 5 inches in the front and 4 1/2 in the rear.
The ribbon 16.25 ligne and the bound edge is 9 ligne :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for the comments Folks!!! I wish I could take credit for this idea but absolutely cannot. Sharpie had to talk long & hard to get me to do this to a Monte but once I started playing with ribbon combo's it just seemed to "pop". I had mentioned to Sharpie in the past that I have been aging a stack of Cuenca fino bodies to a beautiful golden color but hadn't decided what I wanted to do with them as the brims were /are large and would have to overwelt them to be wearable. Here's the answer!!! Thanks Sharpie...I can now do this and plan to retail soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points