Montgomery Ward Catalog scans

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by havershaw, Apr 3, 2004.

1. havershaw

havershaw Practically Family

Most of these are from the Montgomery Ward Spring/Summer 1942 catalog. The hat page (badly spliced together by me in PaintShopPro, as it was too big for my scanner) is from the fall/winter 37-38 catalog.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a whole bunch more scans, but I don't have time right now to load them all in. I'll probably add the rest of them to this thread tomorrow night. The scans aren't perfect, either, as I have yet to master the scanner, but I thought you all would enjoy them.

If anyone wants to see really big and sharper scans, email or pm me and I'll be happy to send them to you. I just don't want to bog down anyone's computer unnecessarily.

things were a lot cooler back then.

2. MK

MK Founder Staff Member Bartender

Those are great scans. Thanks.

3. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

Those are too cool. I can't imagine buying a hat for $1.95!

Brad Bowers

4. havershaw

Here are a couple more. Both are from the Fall/Winter 1937-38 catalog. (The hat page is the second page of hats, which faced the one in my previous post.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kentucky Blues

Kentucky Blues A-List Customer

Woah, $3.85!!! Way too rich for my blood....
    LOL

6. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

Those are amazing...
    Outstanding, look at the fit of those suits.

I want an old catalog

Awsome pics Havershaw

7. Phil_UK

Phil_UK New in Town

Fantastic scans Havershaw. I love these. I'll have to try and get some of mine scanned, its not going to be easy as its a huge hardback book though.

Regards Phil

8. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

havershaw, those are cooooooooool! This is what I'm talking about! This is where I get my references and do most of my research. The catalogs show off the fashion and the way it was to be worn. I love these colored pictures you posted! I really like the second to the last one! The guy with the belted back suit! Also the man in the gray suit with the white hat and gray band. Such taste.

Post more if you can!

Thanks again
    ;)

9. havershaw

I'll have some time off work toward the end of the week. I'll post more then, as I just got three more 1930s-era catalogs.

Yeah, I need to get myself a belted suit...!