Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montmorency

Mycroft

One Too Many
I am finishing up this book, it is for young adults, but very good and I highly recomed it if you like The Count of Monte Cristo.

Amazon. com summery:

Montmorency: thief, liar, gentleman?, a British import from debut author Eleanor Updale, is a smart, stylish antidote to the proliferation of Buffy novelizations masquerading as mysteries these days. In a London cellblock in 1875, career criminal Montmorency is serving time for burglary. Captured while fleeing police, Montmorency suffered several grievous wounds that attract the attention of a brilliant young doctor named Robert Farcett. When Dr. Farcett displays Montmorency's newly healed body before the membership of London's Scientific Society, Montmorency overhears a presentation on the city's new sewer system that will change his life forever. Once released from prison, Montmorency uses his knowledge of the underground tunnels to steal from some of London's wealthiest neighborhoods. But in order to enjoy his new riches, he must assume a dual lifestyle. By day he is Mr. Montmorency, a mysterious opera going gentleman who resides in one of the city's most affluent hotels. By night, he is drain-dwelling Scarper, a smelly character who keeps a room in a dirty boarding house. How long can he keep up this agonizing pretense before someone, perhaps even the good doctor, recognizes his scars and exposes him as a fraud?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0439580358/qid=1110920443/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-7343202-1869700?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
That book sounds very interesting. Let me know if it is worth getting when you are finished. If it has a lame ending I don't want it. I want to feel my skin crawl and my jaw drop at the end of a book. Keeps you at the edge of your seat. Ya know what I mean jelly bean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points