Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More on Re-mix shoes

Barbara

One of the Regulars
One of the benefits of living in LA is that I can go to Re-mix. I hadn't been in there in years, but wanted to get some new shoes as every pair of mine are falling apart. I was very surprised to find that on a couple of styles, the leather seems pretty thin. In particular, Greta, and Brockley styles, which were the two I liked best. They look terrific, but the leather is clearly thinner than the Village, Picasso, Gloria and Mary Jane styles.

I'd like to know who has bought the Greta and Brockley styles, and whether they find the leather durable. I'm thinking I'll just hunt around for some vintage shoes which seem to be much more durable. I would, however, buy the Picasso, but I'm not sure the others are worth the high price tag.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I haven't bought either of those styles. My re-mix pleated wedges are doing fine. I couldn't find the Brockley on the site.

But heh, I noticed that the new Claudette is up.

p.s. I want the Anita's in green.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Barbara said:
I'm thinking I'll just hunt around for some vintage shoes which seem to be much more durable.

Caveat emptor. I've heard that vintage '40s wedge shoes tend to fall apart quickly. Why? Because they were often cheaply made (for that era), and because their swing-dancing owners tended to "dance them to death".

Back when Re-Mix sold only deadstock shoes from '20s-'60s, the store had problems with customers complaining that their vintage wedges fell apart after a few months. This is, in fact, one reason why Re-Mix decided to manufacture their own.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Caveat emptor. I've heard that vintage '40s wedge shoes tend to fall apart quickly. Why? Because they were often cheaply made (for that era), and because their swing-dancing owners tended to "dance them to death".

I've only had one pair of wedges fall apart (a deadstock pair, no less), and that was because the stitching had rotted from improper storage.

I just bought two pairs of Remix wedges--the Capri and Style 103. The 103 is the most comfortable pair of shoes I have owned in ages, so much so that I bought another pair to replace my first pair of red Remix wedges (the leather on the new pairs seems much softer and flexible then my first pair, which I bought about three years ago.) The Capri's broke in 15 minutes of light wear (luckily around my house), so I promptly returned them [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana