Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Multiple Fashion Personality Disorder... am I the only one?

JoesSweetheart

New in Town
I have these days where all I want to do is dress pure vintage. Most of the time it's 50's, sometimes 40's. But then I get frustrated because I have very little that looks vintage. I thrift it when I can find it, but its sliiiim pickin's around here. Then, when I do wear vintage, the stares I get when running errands is terrible! I'm an introvert, and I don't like being the center of attention, so then I feel like running and hiding.

Then after watching a show like New Girl, I want to dress modern-dressy. I get frustrated because I can never find a pair of jeans that fit correctly or a skirt that isn't above my knee and it seems modern clothes aren't meant for a busty figure.

And then I get to the point where I think 'Screw this, I'm living in my slips and never going outside again.'

Please don't tell me I'm the only one. :p

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Far from it! (LOL, I'm also "Joe's Sweetheart."..haha!) I like to dress appropriate for the occasion. I work in a trucking terminal kicking tires so I wear jeans, t-shirt, and jacket to work with my hair in pigtails. It would be silly to wear heels and a handmade 30s dress! When I go out, I also like to dress appropriate for the occasion. Tomorrow my husband wants to go to a gun show, so nicer jeans and a girl-t it will be with hair in braids. I would wear the same to the grocery store or running errands. When we go to a show or to our favourite bar, I'll wear the 30s dresses and the pincurls! And even then, I mix it up from the 20s to the 60s depending on my mood. I live in a big city so really no one ever looks at me funny if I am dressed vintage.

Kittie_Jane

New in Town
no! you are not the only one. I have a tendency to dress like whatever my interests are which has gone from corsets, bloomers and striped tights (my Emilie Autumn look) to punk schoolgirl wear to victorian goth/steampunk-y style to vintage

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Seems like the real problem is that you don't have access to the clothing that you need to dress in the decade that your mood calls for. Or if you do, they don't fit to your liking. There is nothing wrong with wearing the fashion of different decades but it just seems you 1. Don't have enough of the clothing to make it happen and 2. When you do, you are self-conscious about the stares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk