Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murder She Wrote - The Grand Old Lady

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you hurry...you have about 30 minutes (it's 8:30 pm in Seattle on Friday, 9/12) to flip on the Hallmark Channel to catch the episode of Murder, She Wrote called The Grand Old Lady. Why's this a big deal?

1. Originally written as an episode for Ellery Queen that never got produced filmed. It was pulled out during a writer's strike, I believe.
2. It's not a modern day Jessica Fletcher story - she introduces it as a story from an older writer friend of her's.
3. It's set in the late 30's/40's - the Queen Mary's on a run from Southhampton to NY with Nazi spies and people turning up dead and so forth.
4. It's filmed on the Queen Mary.
5. Gypsy Rose Lee's real life sister June Havoc (Dainty June in the book & musical) stars as the sleuth.
6. Vintage gowns, suits, shoes, etc.
7. Hats, hats and more hats...

I shall TRY to tape it and see if I can get anything DVD'able...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ya know...I really hate it when a station decides to broadcast something NOT on their listing. They've jumped ahead a whole episode and skipped the QM one. Maybe it'll be on Sunday...since the episode they're showing now is listed in that timeslot for the Murder She Wrote mini-marathon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot