Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Dick Tracy Hats

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Somebody mentioned Dick Tracy hats, yesterday, and I couldn't resist showing my two. The first is from the 1990 movie we all remember. It doesn't really look too bad, for 100% wool.

P1040191.jpg

P1040177.jpg

P1040179.jpg

P1040181.jpg

I may even wear it with the brim turned up!

P1040193.jpg

The second is much older. It's a size 6 5/8, so I refuse to put it on my head.

P1040182.jpg

P1040183.jpg

P1040184.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I remeber when the movie came out with Warren Beatty in the 1990's . We sold a lot of those wool hats in yellow!! and gray . I still have two of them in my colllection. I think they sold for 35.00 back then .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
This is way off topic but who did those paintings behind you in your photos?
They are beautiful.
Did you do them?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
BigSleep, The paintings are the result of more than twenty years of collecting. Most are "starving artist" productions. (An artist goes to work, for wages, and usually paints several copies of the same picture during the day. He makes some slight variation to each, so they can be sold as "originals." Some are original, others are copies of museum works.) And some are a little bit better. Glad you like them. If you want paintings like these, there are shops in some tourist towns, traveling sales, and lots on OFAS. :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
BigSleep, The paintings are the result of more than twenty years of collecting. Most are "starving artist" productions. (An artist goes to work, for wages, and usually paints several copies of the same picture during the day. He makes some slight variation to each, so they can be sold as "originals." Some are original, others are copies of museum works.) And some are a little bit better. Glad you like them. If you want paintings like these, there are shops in some tourist towns, traveling sales, and lots on OFAS. :)
I bet you won't find the Gypsy lass on OFAS!:D

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I doubt many did survive. They were made of stiff wool and weren't meant to last for long. I know that Bolllman made them in black , gray and yellow. I wonder if any other colors were made.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
The old club hat strikes me as odd, as the ribbon is nothing like his own, but I'd sure love to have one considering its an old dick tracy hat, lol. The Official one at that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112