Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My DRK friend, and 'reenacting buddy' Michele

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello All,

It's with a heavy heart that I am the bearer of bad news today. I know some of you folks met her in person at Reading's event.

My friend whom I have attended events with was in a serious slip and fall accident late last month. She wound up in a coma and had to have part of her brain removed due to brain trauma. She passed away sometime during this month and her family buried her today.

I found this out - regarding her passing - only today, although I knew about her accident.

I am the only one her mother knows who has the vintage living/WWII connections and will be going up sometime after Easter to pick up her stuff (from books, to vintage patterns, to medals, etc.). I have to dig through everything but it is mostly W-SS and DRK items (there is some Allied stuff as well though because her father was in WWII US Army - medicine). I had given her some U-Boat stuff which I will just keep for myself. But I won't know what all I'll have until I get it all and sort everything out...and there's going to be quite a bit to sort out.

I plan to try to sell some of the stuff as her mother wouldn't know what to do with it and there isn't much I can make use of - I know you folks are all over the world and don't know what could be worked out (as I said - I have yet to see what I have to deal with).

Please feel free to PM me and let me know what you might be interested in. I have only one minor contact here in the US that I keep in touch with and another that is owner/creator of the WWII German Yahoo group (Marsh Wise) whom I let know about this (he is in the same state that I live in as is the other contact).

I am just trying to establish some contacts or be in touch with some people who might be interested in buying these items. I don't want to just toss them off at some donation store where they might get ruined. At least with making some contacts, these things have the chance to go to a good home. So - please, don't be afraid to contact me and let me know. And yes - if you might know someone who will know someone, etc. that's fine too.

Sincerely,

Prien

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Yes - this was the lady who did the DRK portrayal. She was also the one with me at Ft. Miles and every event I was at. We went to events together. It's pretty hard on me. But it is in a sense 'bitter-sweet' because even though she isn't with me physically anymore, I know/understand she is in a better place where she isn't suffering anymore physically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko