Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Highwayman

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I picked this one used off "Da Bay". It's a size 48, Highwayman in Steer, with that funky "neon Orange" plaid inside (I'll take pics of that later. It's thick, heavy, comfortable and the zipper's not too "fussy". It's got storm cuffs but the sides don't stay cinched, common problem I suppose.

image1%204_zpsou1nuegm.jpg

Front Oblique

image4%201_zpsvxluj7gi.jpg

Front Open

Worf

Duck

Practically Family
Looks fantastic!! Highwayman is on my must have list!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Looking great there! I'm loving mine as well (very new to me too, just about amonth now) Nice Subaru as well...

Gromulus

Practically Family
Sometimes you get lucky on eBay, sometimes not. You did very well. That jacket just fits, the cut and "personality".

I must admit I am not a fan of storm cuffs myself (except on my ANJ-4), but you will get somewhat used to them.

I have the same problem with the waist cinchers on mine and found if I double-back the straps into the buckles they seem to hold better (if not looking all that great).

Wear it in good health!

BTW, I like your thread title: "My First Highwayman"!

Peacoat

Bartender
You did well on that one! As to the side buckle not staying cinched, if you are threading it the correct way, it will stay cinched, unless the buckles are installed backward--which has happened. I can't get to my Highwayman right now. Should have access in a couple of hours. I will take a look at my buckles and describe how they should be installed on the coat.

There was an extensive thread on this topic maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Plenty of pictures as well. Maybe Hoosier Daddy can find it; he has a knack for that sort of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112