Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Panama: Pachacuti Brisa Fine 08

Flieger

Practically Family
I wasn't looking to spend a fortune on my first Panama - Not knowing if we would get a decent summer here up north in Scandinavia. So when I came across the Pachacuti line of Panamas from a seller in Sweden I took the smaller spending plunge. One thing that I liked about this company was the "Fair Trade Policy"... the hat isn't too shabby either. :)

http://shop.pachacuti.co.uk/?function=DISPLAYCAT&catid=17

Pachacuti01.jpg

Pachacuti02.jpg

Pachacuti03.jpg

Hmm... Now where is that summer sun? :)

/Flieger

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
The hat looks great. By the way, I make my first trip to Sweden in September - not expecting weather for my Panama. Better bring my felt fedora.

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Ted!

I hope you'll enjoy Sweden. And yes, I do think a felt fedora is better over here in September. :)

Flieger

D

DBFedora

Enjoy your great looking Panama. I was in Sweeden for a week during the summer of 1987. It was a great experience. (Even had an authentic sauna.)Would love to go back sometime. My wife, however, doesn't want to travel outside US. Maybe someday I'll convince her to broaden her horizons.

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks, DBFedora!

Oh, I agree. Sweden is great in the summer... in the winter, not so great. :p Hope you and your wife will visit once again.

Flieger

SMCK

New in Town
Delighted with my panama.

Flieger, I want to thank you for making me aware of the Pachacuti website, which I had not previously heard of. Ive been looking for somewhere in Europe where I could get a decent Panama. I have just bought one of these and very nice it is too. It seems tightly woven, herringbone weave. It weighs 2.5 oz or so.a little label inside says made in Equador, genuine panama grade 8, all in french. could someone perhaps explain what grade 8 means as I dont know. Im happy, Its not too expensive so I feel I can hack it. It will do fine for the short summer we usually get here.Thanks again flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
SMCK said:
Flieger, I want to thank you for making me aware of the Pachacuti website...

SMCK, you are welcome! I'm glad you like your Pachacuti and I'm sure we all would like to see a snap of you wearing it.

About grades: I know little to nothing about this but I've counted the weaves on my Brisa Fine and came up with a 250-300 weaves per inch, depending on where I count...

Let's hope for many days of sun here in northern europe! :D

/Flieger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points