Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My GW A-2 Bronco after 1 year of wear

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I received this Goodwear Bronco A-2 in September of 2010. It's horsehide in seal (but it looks lighter to me).

My wife took these photos yesterday outside of the Guggenheim Museum and by the front door of our apartment. I didn't know which to share. So, here are several very similar pictures.

IanA-29.jpg

IanA-28.jpg

IanA-27.jpg

IanA-26.jpg

IanA-23.jpg

IanA-22.jpg

IanA-25.jpg

- Ian

Last edited:

767fo

One of the Regulars
That is one of the best fitting A2's I've seen. What a great jacket!! Enjoy

Cooperson

One Too Many
Does look more like russet than seal but it is one beautiful A2 - perfect fit and breaking in very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

normanf

One of the Regulars
Does look more like russet than seal but it is one beautiful A2 - perfect fit and breaking in very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Did Bruce McGill's Jack Dalton character on "MacGyver" wear an A2 or a G1 flight jacket? He was certainly a sharp dresser!

Heinz D.

New in Town
Hallo,
very nice and perfect fitting jacket. I always thought that the Bronco fits John Chapman himself best when looking at his original pictures.
What do you think? Is it the patern of the Bronco that make the easy fit?

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Hallo,
very nice and perfect fitting jacket. I always thought that the Bronco fits John Chapman himself best when looking at his original pictures.
What do you think? Is it the patern of the Bronco that make the easy fit?

The lower torso is certainly seems to be roomier than other A-2 contracts that I've seen. I suppose that would make the jacket much more comfortable to wear if you have a gut/stomach that's distended.

- Ian

Peacoat

Bartender
Nice fit, Ian, and you wear it well.

I notice your pockets are well centered on the wind flap. On my Poughkeepsie pattern, the pockets are way off center. So much off that they cause questions as to why they are "that way?" Now when I wear it, which isn't often, I don't zip it. Looks fine unzipped.

You guys won't be having A-2 weather much longer. Time for peacoats and then in January/February the switch over to down or something to better keep the chill off.

Stay warm.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Thank you! :)

Yeah, it's finally beginning to feel somewhat like late fall weather. Tomorrow's high will be 52 degrees. So, I think I'll wear my A-2. But, you're right, I'll have to wear the Pea Coat again soon. I still need to unload that mint 1946/1947 Pea Coat.

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko